Emergence of the MEMS Technology
The traditional range of inertial systems was burdened by high cost and sizes; however, MEMS techniques have been able to reduce the size, power consumption, and costs of these systems considerably, by increasing the surface volume density. For instance, the reduction of size in the inertial measurement units has expanded its range of applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, to provide reliable and accurate information. MEMS-driven IMUs have numerous applications, ranging from defense to new commercial and industrial applications. This will likely increase the demand for accurate inertial systems further, augmenting the growth of the market.
United States Registered as the Largest Market over the Forecast Period
Improved precision by usage of GPS/INS systems is leading to increasing reliance on GPS/INS systems. Moreover, rising number of unmanned aerial vehicles along with rising defense spending are the key reasons for the high adoption of these systems in the United States. With the country’s high dependence on GPS/INS enabled systems for its army’s combat systems, the country is actively increasing its defense spending. It allocated a base defense budget of USD 626 billion for the 2018 fiscal year. It also authorized about USD 66 billion for the Overseas Contingency Operations fund. The strong demand for the US commercial aerospace export (82.5% of total A&D exports) across the world is further driving the GPS enabled INS market.
Growing Number of Commercial UAVs Adoption in United States
In December 2015, the Federal Aviation Administration(FAA) issued a rule requiring all UAS weighing more than 250 grams and less than 250 kilograms to be registered using a new on-line system. By December 31, 2016, 626,245 owner-hobbyists had registered. For the entire online registration period up to the first week of February 2017, the cumulative registration trend has been one of growth, with the trend slowing over time. FAA predicts that the hobbyist fleet is likely to more than triple in size over the next five years, from 1.1 million units in 2016 to 3.5 million units by 2021.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2017: Octopus ISR Systems integrated VectorNav GPS/INS to develop Precision Geo-Lock feature for the Epsilon series precision geo-pointing for its miniature Epsilon series of gyro-stabilized gimbals.
- March 2017: OxTS launched the new RT1003. The new RT1003 from OxTS is a compact, single-box GNSS/INS system specifically developed to fit into ADAS testing targets such as pedestrian or cyclist rigs, target carrier platforms and other soft crash targets.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- How the growing number of passenger travel act as a driver to the global market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which regions are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Emergence of the MEMS Technology
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Operational Complexity Associated With High-End INS
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model - Industry Attractiveness
5. Technology Snapshot
6. GPS/INS Market Breakdown by Grade
7. GPS/INS Market Breakdown by End-user Industry
8. GPS/INS Market Breakdown by geography
8.1 North America
8.3 Asia Pacific
8.4 Rest of the World
9. Company Profiles of GPS/INS Market
9.1 Honeywell Aerospace
9.2 Northrop Grumman Corporation
9.3 Novatel Inc
9.4 MEMSIC Inc.
9.5 Tersus GNSS
9.6 Lord Microstain
9.7 Inertial Sense
9.8 Oxford Technical Solutions
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Investor Outlook
11. Future of GPS/INS Market