Growing Consumption of Smartphones
The increasing penetration of smartphones in emerging nations and the availability of smartphones in various price ranges are affecting the growth of the market. Connected technologies and cloud technologies are being integrated into smartphones, resulting in adoption from various verticals for business and industrial purposes. Global smartphone shipments have doubled in the last four years, reaching 1.4 billion in 2016, from 725 million units in 2012. Microcontrollers are deployed in the devices to enable interfacing and control among various components. Microcontrollers support as co-processors in smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. Thus, the growing consumption of smartphones, is driving the demand for microcontrollers in the industry.
Asia-Pacific Holds the Major Market Share among the Regions
The market in this region is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the rising automation sector, along with consumer goods. Hybrid electric vehicles are witnessing growing demand in the region, owing to its superior performance and low polluting capabilities. Also, it was estimated that Asia-Pacific region has more than 1 billion smartphone users. The propagation of cheaply manufactured devices and a drop in the cost of service plans in particular markets like China, India have helped to drive smartphone uptake across Asia-Pacific, which is one of the prime contributing factors for the market share of the 8-bit microcontrollers in the market.
Growing Adoption of Microcontrollers in Automotive Sector
The 8-bit microcontroller market in the automotive industry is majorly impacted due to the number of applications. HVAC systems are one of the major applications for microcontrollers that is greatly influencing the growth rate. Reduction of system size and weight is expected to increase industry growth during the forecast period. Government initiatives to limit global warming are helping in the introduction of energy efficient and green technology solutions. The increasing need for comfort, fuel efficiency and growing adoption of luxury vehicles is further fueling the adoption rate of these systems, thereby, impacting the 8-bit microcontroller market.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017: Microchip introduced the industry's first Microcontroller Unit with integrated 2D GPU and integrated DDR2 memory for ground-breaking graphics capabilities, which gives customers the ability to increase their application's color resolution and display size (up to 12 inches) with easy-to-use microcontroller (MCU) based resources and tools including the MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and MPLAB Harmony Software Framework.
- May 2017: Renesas Electronics launched R9J02G012 controller that enables device-to-device authentication in support of safer USB power delivery ecosystem.
- March 2017: STMicroelectronics made new designs, with its popular 8-bit STM8 microcontrollers easier and faster by introducing the STM8CubeMX graphical configurator.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- How the growing adoption of IOT and connected technologies acts as a driver to the global market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Healthcare and Automotive Industry
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model - Industry Attractiveness
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global 8-Bit Microcontroller Market, Segmentation - By Attributes
6.1 Flash Size
6.2 Ram Size
6.4 Supply Voltage
7. Global 8-Bit Microcontroller Market, Segmentation - By Application
7.2 Media & Audio Processing
7.3 Power Management
7.6 Automotive Products
7.7 Motor Control
8. Global 8-Bit Microcontroller Market, Segmentation - By Geography
8.1 North America
8.4 Latin America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
9. Global 8-Bit Microcontroller Market, Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
9.1 Cypress Communications Inc
9.2 Microchip Technology Inc
9.3 Renesas Electronics
9.4 Stmicroelectronics N.V
9.5 Zilog Inc
9.6 Analog Devices
9.7 Infineon Technologies Ag
9.8 Texas Instruments
9.9 Maxim Integrated Products
10. Investment Analysis
11. Future Outlook of 8-Bit Microcontroller Market