Growth of E-commerce and M-commerce and Increase in Same-day Delivery Expected to Drive the Market
Digital logistics is being driven by the emergence of e-commerce and m-commerce, which have empowered customers to source products from all over the world. With digital logistics, the new enterprise and supply chain logistics applications are united with core warehouse, labor management systems, and transportation, to ensure fulfillment, excellence, and enable new process models.
As per the US Department of Commerce, it costs companies above USD 40 billion a year, due to employee theft. The logistics security issue has a huge influence over both large and small companies. Therefore, companies are moving toward the adoption of digital logistics.
Tracking and Monitoring System considered to be a Key Service Requirement for the Global Transportation Industries
The tracking and monitoring of shipments are quite important for manufacturing companies, in terms of customer service and proficiently managing logistics networks. Across the globe, industries are facing problems while tracking and monitoring their logistics supply networks, which is creating significant coordination problems at product development sites. This problem results in losing track during delivery, distribution, and production in the complete logistics chain, from source to destination, which is the main reason for opportunity cost via customer disappointment. Tracking systems help identify the position of the consignment and inform the customer well in advance. This system might fulfil the concerns of the project manager, to track the production process from initiation until completion.
Key Developments in the Market:
- November 2017 - LBC Express embarked on a digital transformation program with Ramco Systems. LBC Express signed a multi-million dollar deal with Ramco Systems, to unify and automate its logistics and supply chain operations across its 1,300 global branches and 121 warehouses. This deal is expected to increase the process speed and subsequently increase customer satisfaction and reduce costs.
- August 2017 - XPO logistics set aside USD 8 billion for investments. After XPO first acquired Con-way in 2015, the company has been expanding by acquisition at a robust pace. The company is already operating in more than 31 countries, but the major revenue still comes from North America and Western Europe. This amount is expected to bring more acquisition opportunities in the near future, helping the company expand its reach in the rest of the world.
- July 2017 - SAP launched a set of IoT solutions for digital logistics. This will introduce machine learning to enable IoT and Industry 4.0 strategies across digital logistics, manufacturing, and asset management. SAP already has tie-ups with multinationals, like the Bosch Group. Bosch and SAP are collaborating on scenarios for delivery track and trace, exploring cloud-to-cloud integration with Bosch IoT Cloud.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Understanding how the growing e-commerce acts as a driver of the global market scenario.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The solutions and type of security that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Emergence of Digital Technology
4.2.2 Time and Cost Effectiveness in Logistics
4.2.3 Growing Use of Innovative Applications
4.3 Factors Challenging the Market
4.3.1 Privacy, Security, and Reliability Issues
4.3.2 Lack of ICT Infrastructure
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Digital Logistics Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type of System
5.1.1 Tracking and Monitoring
5.1.2 Electronic Data Interchange
5.1.3 Fleet Management
5.1.4 Order Management
5.1.5 Information Integration
5.1.6 Database Management
5.1.7 Other Types of Systems
5.2 By Service
5.2.1 System Integration Services
5.2.2 Consulting Services
5.2.3 Other Services
5.3 By Vertical
5.3.7 Oil & Gas
5.3.8 IT & Telecommunication
5.3.9 Other Verticals
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Vendor Market Share
7. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
7.1 IBM Corporation
7.2 Advantech Corporation
7.4 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.6 Hexaware Technologies Limited
7.7 Tech Mahindra Limited
7.8 JDA Software Pvt. Ltd
7.9 UTI Worldwide Inc.
7.10 SAP AG
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Digital Logistics Market