Increased Focus toward Manufacturing in Developing Economies is expected to be the Major Driver for the Market
The industrial control systems has reached the saturation level in established regions, such as Europe and North America. The strongest growth opportunity lies in the emerging economies. For industrial control systems, the industrialization capability of a nation plays a vital role in order to understand the potential of the market. In emerging economies, several government initiatives promote techniques for efficient industrial production through automation. Industrial control systems in countries, such as South Korea, Brazil, and China, are on an upswing, along with other emerging economies, globally.
The countries in Southeast Asia, The Middle Eastern countries, and few other developing countries, are investing more in industrial sector development and upgradation of existing facilities. The vision of fully automated factories is there with organizations trying to completely automate their new plants built in these regions and the old infrastructures are being upgraded to achieve automation. The emerging markets accounted for 50% of the global industrial control systems market.
Automotive Sector is expected to Dominate the Global Industrial Control Systems Market
The developing economies are still the primary market growth engine for the automotive industry. Countries, such as China and India, are investing heavily in a variety of industries. The adoption of the industrial controls systems market has seen a marked increase in the automotive industry. The manufacturing base of automotive companies is being shifted from China to Mexico and increase in foreign direct investment is contributing to the growth of the industrial control systems market. The rising population, coupled with growing disposable incomes, has resulted in a tremendous rise in domestic demand. Free trade agreements and economic partnerships are expected to intensify competition and the overall manufacturing sector, and the relevant government initiatives are anticipated to boost the automotive industry in the next few years.
SCADA Segment is Anticipated to Gain Momentum over the Forecast Timeframe
SCADA solutions are providing operators real-time data, along with the capability for monitoring remote process over large distance. They are suitable for industries, such as oil & gas, power, energy, and chemical, where the facilities are located far away and operations are conducted remotely. SCADA helps in gathering, monitoring, and analyzing data, with machine interaction connected via human machine interface (HMI) software, thereby, providing an impetus to the industrial control systems market growth.
North America is one of the largest markets for the industrial control systems market, globally
The market in the North American region is huge, mainly due to large-scale domestic manufacturing, government initiative toward automated technology, and technological innovation in information technology. The growth of the North American automotive industry, along with the increase in automotive manufacture hubs, is expected to drive the ICS industry in North America.
The emergence of the information technology and the increased usage of IoT across a wide range of manufacturing, industrial, and automotive applications has added a new dimension in the way of conducting business operation in the country. The United States is on the verge of the fourth industrial revolution, where data is being used on an extensive scale for production, and integrating the data with a wide variety of manufacturing systems throughout the supply chain.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017 - Leidos partnered with SecurityMatters for passive monitoring of cyber threats to the industrial control systems networks. With this, Leidos’ customers are expected to gain enhanced cybersecurity for industrial and critical infrastructure networks by integrating the SecurityMatters SilentDefense solution for continuous threat detection and response.
- March 2017 - Bechtel established cybersecurity lab for industrial control systems. This was in response to the increasing cyber threats to industrial controls and supervisory control and data acquisition systems. This moved was aimed at protecting equipment and software that control complex government facilities, power plants, chemical plants, and other large-scale critical infrastructure.
- September 2017 - Siemens and PAS partnered to provide industrial control system cybersecurity used in oil & gas, utilities, and other sectors. The combination is expected to provide expertise of both companies, to provide deep analytics required to identify and inventory proprietary assets, and visibility to detect and respond effectively to attacks across the operating environment. Utilities and oil & gas sectors are getting increasingly digital to increase revenue and efficiency gains, and with this, the amount of industrial control systems these companies require is expected to increase.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know how the growing focus toward manufacturing in developing economies acts as a driver to the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The solutions and type of security that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Provides Security to the Infrastructure against any Attacks
4.2.2 Very Efficient and Precise
4.3 Factors Challenging the Market
4.3.1 Requires Strong Technical Knowledge to Design
4.3.2 Absence of Opportunities for New Systems
4.4.1 Use in Smart Grids
4.4.2 Using Cloud Computing
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Industrial Control Systems Market Segmentation
5.1 Type of Control System
5.1.1 Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems (SCADA)
5.1.2 Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
5.1.3 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
5.2 End Users
5.2.1 Electrical Systems
5.2.2 Water & Wastewater Treatment
5.2.3 Oil & Gas
5.2.4 Transportation Systems
5.2.5 Chemical Industry
5.2.6 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.2.7 Automobiles Industry
5.2.8 Food & Beverage
5.2.9 Durable Goods
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 South Korea
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Vendor Market Share
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 IBM Corporation
7.2 Siemens AG
7.3 ABB Group
7.4 Honeywell International Inc.
7.5 Tofino Security
7.6 Kasa Companies Inc.
7.7 OMRON Corporation
7.8 Emerson Electric
7.9 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
7.10 Schneider Electric
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Industrial Control Systems Market