Emergency Shutdown Systems Hold the Major Market Share by End User
The EDS segment is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period. Government regulations to implement ESD systems across several industrial sectors for workplace safety, increasing energy requirements, and substantial investments in the energy sector in developing economies, are some of the major driving factors that are impacting the EDS segment. The benefits of programmable safety systems, such as flexibility, efficiency, easy installation, reliability, and enhanced security, are the factors impacting the growth rate of EDS. Lack of awareness of the availability of various safety devices and standards to safeguard the machinery and labor and complexity involved in the implementation of these systems, are a few factors that are hindering the growth rate of EDS, thus impacting the market studied.
Europe to Hold the Major Share over the Forecast Period
The continuous European economic recovery and supportive economic policies are favoring new investments across various industries. The mandatory safety regulations and growing demand for certified safety instrumented systems, which allow end users to determine their safety needs more accurately, are the major factors impacting the demand for safety instrumented systems in Europe. The increase in revenues of end users, rise in willingness to invest in various automation technologies, safety solutions, and product innovations, in addition to an increase in production, are creating a need for more intensive control of production process, with regard to its efficiency and safety, thus fueling the market’s growth. The increased awareness among end users about the importance of safety and technological advancements, is also impacting the adoption rate of safety instrumented systems. The significant oil & gas sector in Russia, Germany, and United Kingdom, has boosted the growth of safety instrumented systems, particularly high integrity pressure protection systems and turbo machinery control systems.
- May 2017: Rockwell Automation introduced the most advanced cable-pull E-stop in the industry. The solid-state operation of the Lifeline 5 cable-pull switch offers an electronic, rope-monitoring system, to compensate for thermal expansion and cable sag.
- October 2016: Rockwell Automation acquired system integrator Maverick Technologies, to expand domain knowledge and help deliver innovative control and information solutions to customers in industries, such as chemical, food & beverage, and oil & gas.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Understanding how the market scenario of safety instrumented systems is changing.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The security technology, service, and vertical that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Customers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Regulatory Environment in the Industry
4.2.2 Presence of a Robust SIS Service Ecosystem
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Lack of Awareness about Compliance Regulations
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Safety Instrumented System Market Segmentation - by Component
6.3 Programmable Devices
6.4 Actuators and Valves
6.5 Other Components
7. Global Safety Instrumented System Market Segmentation - By Product
7.1 Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD)
7.2 Fire & Gas Monitoring and Control (F&GC)
7.3 High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS)
7.4 Burner Management Systems (BMS)
7.5 Turbo Machinery Control
7.6 Other Products (Safety Interlock, Safety Shutdown Systems)
8. Global Safety Instrumented System Market Segmentation - By End User
8.1 Chemicals & Petrochemicals
8.2 Power generation
8.5 Food & Beverage
8.6 Oil & Gas
8.7 Other End Users
9. Global Safety Instrumented System Market Segmentation - By Geography
9.1 North America
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10.1 Rockwell Automation Inc.
10.2 Emerson Electric Company
10.3 Honeywell International Inc.
10.4 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
10.5 ABB Ltd
10.6 Schneider Electric SE
10.7 Siemens AG
10.8 General Electric Company
10.9 OMRON Corporation
10.10 Tyco International PLC
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Safety Instrumented System Market
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Rockwell Automation Inc
- Emerson Electric Company
- Honeywell International Inc
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- ABB Ltd
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- General Electric Company
- OMRON corporation
- Tyco International PLC