With increasing pressure on water utilities, owing to the growing demand, increasing water stress, rising energy prices, and aging water systems, the smart water network solutions have emerged with significant benefits, by combining advanced metering technology, software, and effective communications systems. The integration of the said components, enables end users to account for every drop and turn water into revenue through enhanced leak detection and unparalleled data acquisition. Moreover, the critical need for optimized consumption of water in water-scarce areas is expected to drive the smart water meter market. For instance, according to the World Water Development Report, 480 million people in Asia alone will face water scarcity in the future.
Increase in Billing Revenue and Accuracy to Drive the Demand
Smart meters boost a utility’s ability to precisely and timely bill customers for the extent of water used. The remote-read capability allows for smaller intervals between billing reads, better business preparation in understanding future revenue streams, or producing a continuous flow of capital. The upgrade to smart water meter yields a more accurate billing process, which, in turn, increases utility revenue. Smart meters also cut the labor costs, with their advanced reading process. Most of the smart water meters consist of a radio transmitter that allows crews to receive meter information by traveling by a house or building. Further, intelligent alerts in the ultrasonic water meter enable efficient leak detection and lower the amount of non-revenue water, because faster detection of leaks can help in mitigating water losses.
Growing Demand from the Industrial segment to Augment Growth
In industries, utilities are undergoing a global transformation into the information age, based on the assumption that consumers and utilities will gain from collecting and distributing granular, real-time information, especially the water and wastewater treatment plants. Smart water meters in industries are utmost useful in handling the heating and cooling systems that have substantial energy requirements, when compared to other equipment. Moreover, as various end users deploy AMI across their distribution grids, the customer-related data can be remotely monitored, allowing major industries to adjust their water usage accordingly. Moreover, smart water meters also enable two-way communication between the meter and the central system employed by the utilities, streamlining their business process, saving time and cost in the process.
North America is the Largest Market
Water scarcity in the western region, along with the ageing infrastructure in the Mid-West and East, has helped underpin the requirement to tackle efficient remote meter reading that can help benefit revenue generation and improve consumer service. Moreover, as North America is a more developed market, the utility base is in harmony with the smart meter technology and is starting to take on advanced data solutions. In addition, Halifax Water, the Canadian utility, secured approval from the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board (NSUARB) to upgrade the region’s water meters. The water distribution and treatment firm announced plans to replace existing analogue water meters with automated smart water metering systems from early 2017. With such initiatives expected to become common in future, the demand for smart water meters is expected to increase.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017: Kamstrup’s MULTICAL 21 water meter was made available with integrated Sigfox communication that allows utilities to utilize an already-installed communication infrastructure, rather than investing in a new one.
- June 2017: Mueller Systems collaborated with Senet to deliver metering infrastructure to water utilities across North America. Senet is the first and a growing North American provider of public, low-power, wide-area networks (LPWANS) for long-range Internet of Things (IoT).
- January 2017: Badger Meter announced the introduction of two new vortex-flow meters: VN2000 Hot Tap and VN2000 Compact insertion vortex flow meters.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the effect of rising demand for sustainable water supply among all end users on the market
- Analyzing various perspectives on the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The end user that is expected to dominate the market
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growth in the Prominent End-user Verticals such as Automotive and Healthcare
4.2.2 Increasing Adoption of the MEMS and NEMS Systems in the Industry
4.2.3 Emphasis on Miniaturization and Integration of Advanced Technology in Products
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High Cost Associated with Sensing Products
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.4.1 Evolution of Smart Infrastructure Concepts across Industries
4.4.2 Role of Sensors in Realizing a Completely Automated Environment
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.1.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.1.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
5.1.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
6. Technology Snapshot
7. Mexican Pressure Sensor Market Segmentation
7.1 By Type
7.2 By Technology
7.2.1 Piezoresistive Force Sensors
7.2.2 Optical Force Sensors
7.2.3 Capacitive Force Sensors
7.2.4 Piezoelectric Force Sensors
7.2.5 Resonant Solid State
7.2.6 Electromagnetic Force Sensors
7.2.7 Other Technologies
7.3 By Application
7.3.1 Consumer Electronics
7.3.2 Industrial Manufacturing
7.3.3 Oil & Gas
7.3.6 Environmental & Utility Monitoring Applications
7.3.7 Other Applications
8. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
8.1 Sensata Technologies Inc.
8.2 Esterline Technologies Corporation
8.3 Krohne De Mexico
8.4 SSI Technologies Inc.
8.5 TE Connectivity Ltd (American Sensor Technologies)
8.6 VEGA Grieshaber KG
8.7 Siemens AG
8.8 Infineon Technologies AG
8.9 Honeywell International Inc.
8.10 NXP Semiconductor NV
8.11 Amphenol Advanced Sensors (Amphenol Corporation)
9. Investment Analysis
10. Outlook of the Mexican Pressure Sensor Market
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Esterline Technologies Corporation
- Krohne De Mexico
- SSI Technologies Inc.
- TE Connectivity Ltd. (American Sensor Technologies)
- Grieshaber KG
- Siemens AG
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- NXP Semiconductor N.V.
- Amphenol Advanced Sensors (Amphenol Corporation)