Weather Independent System - Factor Driving the In-pipe Hydro Systems Market
The in-pipe hydro systems are designed for and installed within pipelines that carry clean water, municipal sewage water, partly treated water or effluents of industries, and even the water that is utilized for agricultural produce. Most of these pipelines are often installed underground and concealed with various construction materials. Steel, ductile iron, and concrete are the most widely used materials for laying these pipelines. The energy produced by the in-pipe hydro system eliminates the weather dependency, which is observed with the energy produced from other types of renewable-based energy generation systems.
North America - The Region with the Highest Market Share
Owing to the low cost of in-pipe hydro systems, coupled with urbanization and construction, the in-pipe hydro systems market is expected to grow during the forecast period. North-America is expected to occupy the maximum market share, during the forecast period, due to increasing turbine installations, technological progress, and the presence of prominent players in the region. However, the in-pipe hydro systems segment in the renewable energy market has been gaining popularity, recently, and these systems are being used on a large scale wherever viable. The awareness about the technology is not widespread and restricted to only a few corporations, who value eco-friendly techniques. However, if a proper direction is given for the efforts put into popularizing the technology, it is poised to take a significant share in the renewable energy landscape.
The United States - Among the Regional Hotspots for Market Growth
Rising awareness towards environment and green energy generation techniques is the key driver for the In-pipe hydro systems market in the United States. Amount of water that is supplied every day to households, industries, utilities, and for agricultural production is huge. There is an equally enormous pipeline network for carrying the sewage water from different sources for disposal. A majority of those pipelines carry water through either gravitational flow or a created pressure head, and that is where the market for in-pipe hydro systems lies. The in-pipe hydro system is a combination of a turbine, an attached generator, and other gauges that use the flow of water as an input to give a reliable and clean power output.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: The Portland Water Bureau (PWB) deployed a four-turbine, 42-in. 200 kW hydroelectric system inside its 48-in. water pipeline.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- To identify the market drivers, restraints, and opportunities that are possessed by the global in-pipe hydro systems market, with in-depth analysis
- To analyze the various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To identify the largest and fastest growing region during the forecast period, with in-depth analysis
- To identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Global In-pipe Hydro Systems Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness: Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Global In-pipe Hydro Systems Market Segmentation, by Geography (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast, until 2023)
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.3.4 Rest of Europe
7.4 South America
7.4.3 Rest of South America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.1 Saudi Arabia
7.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Global In-pipe Hydro Systems Market Segmentation, by Installed Capacity (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast, until 2023)
8.1 Mini - Hydro (up to 1 MW)
8.2 Micro - Hydro (up to 100 kW)
8.3 Pico - Hydro (up to 5 kW)
9. Global In-pipe Hydro Systems Market Segmentation, by Application (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast, until 2023)
9.1 Municipal Water or Wastewater Systems
9.2 Industrial Water Systems
9.3 Irrigation Systems
9.4 Urban and Building Applications
10. Key Company Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
10.1 Natel Energy, Inc.
10.2 Lucid Energy Inc.
10.3 Rentricity, Inc.
10.4 Leviathan Energy Hydroelectric Ltd
10.5 San Antonio Water System
10.6 GS-Hydro Oy
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements