Increasing Shale Gas Exploration and Production - Driving the Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market
Shale gas exploitation is one of the lucrative substitutes for crude oil explorations, to meet energy demand. The development of oil & gas reserves from shale formations requires activities, such as hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling, which encourage the use of gas processing equipment. The United States is the leading producer of natural gas and oil from shale, globally. Other countries, such as Canada, China, and Mexico, are also looking to explore their potential shale gas reserves, to meet the energy demand. Countries, such as Australia, India, and Indonesia, are taking tentative steps to explore their potential shale gas & oil reserves, and develop them further. Hence, all the increasing, ongoing exploration activities for shale, with the application of hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling technologies, is expected to increase the demand for shale gas processing equipment, during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America dominates the global shale gas processing equipment market. Over the past decade, the United States and Canada have experienced spectacular growth in the production of unconventional fossil fuels, notably, shale gas and tight oil, due to technological innovations, such as horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing. In January 2018, the active rotary rig count in the region increased to 1,261 from 1,036 (in January 2017). Besides this, the number of active rigs drilling horizontal wells for shale oil production have more than doubled since 2016, thus, encouraging the growth of the shale gas processing equipment market in the North American region.
US leads the shale gas market
The US dominates the shale gas market in the North American region. The United States has become an attractive market for exploration companies, after the shale revolution. The country leads in the production of natural gas & oil from shale, globally. Barnet Shale and Marcellus shale are among the most important shale gas reserves in the country. In the US, the rotary rig count increased by about 242, since January 2017. Hence, with such rapid growth in shale exploration and production activities in the country, the demand for the shale gas processing equipment market is expected to witness strong growth in the country.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017: SK Group signed a memorandum with Continental Resources, the largest gas producer in the United States, to undertake shale gas projects jointly.
- April 2017: Pembina Pipeline Corp. planned to build overseas export outlets for liquid petroleum gas (LPG) byproducts that are on the rise, as horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing spread in northern Alberta and British Columbia (BC) shale deposits.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunity possessed by the global shale gas processing equipment market, with in-depth analysis.
- Analyze the various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the most dominating type of equipment with forecast of market estimates in the global shale gas processing equipment market.
- Identify the largest, fastest-growing, and significant regions during the forecast period, with in-depth analysis.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- Three months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size & Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Investment and Opportunities
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Forces Framework
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
7. Global Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market Analysis, by Equipment
7.1 Compressors and Pumps
7.2 Heat Exchangers
7.3 Internal Combustion Engines
7.4 Measuring and Controlling Devices
7.5 Electrical Machinery
8. Global Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market Analysis, by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.5 The Netherlands
8.3.6 Rest of Europe
8.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8.5 South America
8.5.4 Rest of South America
9. Key Company Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
9.1 Van Gas Systems
9.2 Pall Corporation
9.4 Exterran Holdings Inc.
9.5 GasTech Engineering Corporation
9.6 Honeywell UOP
9.7 Newpoint Gas
9.8 Linde Engineering
9.9 Johnson Controls
9.10 Membrane Technology & Research
*List Not Exhaustive
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
11.1 Contact Us
(**Subject to availability on public domain)