Ever Increasing Demand for Electricity Driving the Super Critical Boiler Market
It is projected that the global energy demand is expected to grow by at least 33% by 2040. In growing regions, like the countries in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the demand is expected to increase at a comparatively faster pace. The energy demand of ASEAN countries is expected to increase at an average of 4.7% per year, to reach 1,685 million metric ton of oil equivalent (Mtoe) by 2035. In 2017, coal-based energy accounted for 40% of the global electricity production, and it is estimated that coal-based power plants will account for 25% of the additional power supply, with 85% of those plants being installed in ASEAN region. As various countries implement new environmental regulations, power generation plants are expected to use super critical technology to generate more power at lower cost and lesser pollution.
Asia-Pacific - The Fastest Growing Region
The Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region, in terms of installing super critical boiler technology, owing to the increasing urbanization, industrialization, and the growing demand for electricity of its emerging economies. In 2016, Asia-Pacific generated 10,904 GW of electricity, in which 69% was generated in China and India, alone. The Chinese and Indian power sectors is dependent on thermal power generation, with a total share of more than 60% of the total power generation. The growing population of both the countries is likely to drive the demand for electricity in Asia-Pacific by least three times by 2040.
Growing Demand for Electricity in India
India is the third largest producer and the fourth largest consumer of electricity, and the country had an installed capacity of 329.22 GW, as of August 2017. The country's power generation sector is heavily dependent on thermal power generation, with a share of 66.66%, as of August 2017. India's thermal power sector registered a CAGR of 10.57% in installed capacity during 2007-2017. Moreover, the country's thermal power infrastructure is old, and needs to be replaced, as most are as old as 25 years and have low efficiency. Out of the 47 major thermal power plants, 20 plants have an estimated efficiency of as low as 32.8%. The Government of India has begun taking several steps to modernize and improve the operational efficiency of coal-based power plants, and the government plans to install super critical technology in all the inefficient plants which are more than 25 years old.
Key Developments in the Market
- Jan 2018: BHEL signed an EPC contract for setting up 660 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Project in Maharashtra, India.
- May 2017: The Government of India accorded environmental clearance for the proposed Yadadri Thermal Power Plant, to come up at the cost of INR 250 billion at Veerlapalem village in Dameracherla Mandal of Nalgonda district, India. The plant is based on super critical boiler technology.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global super critical boiler market, with an in-depth analysis.
- Analyze the various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the largest, fastest growing, and significant regions during the forecast period, with an in-depth analysis.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Global Supercritical Boiler Market Analysis, by Fuel Type
8. Global Supercritical Boiler Market Analysis, by Component
8.1 Air preheater
8.3 PA, SA & ID fans
8.4 Electrostatic precipitator
8.5 Boiler feed pump
8.6 Feed water heaters
9. Global Supercritical Boiler Market Analysis, by Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.3 Rest of North America
9.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3.4 Rest of Europe
9.4 South America
9.4.4 Rest of South America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
9.5.1 Saudi Arabia
9.5.6 Rest of Middle East & Africa
10. Key Company Profiles* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
10.1 Siemens AG
10.2 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
10.3 Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
10.4 Shanghai Electric Company
10.5Hitachi Power Systems Ltd
10.6 Harbin Electric Company
10.7 Babcock & Wilcox (B&W)
10.8 General Electric Company
10.9 Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
10.10 DongfangElectric Corporation Ltd
*List not Exhaustive
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
12.2 Contact Us
**Subject to availability to public domain
- Siemens AG
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
- Shanghai Electric Company
- Hitachi Power Systems Ltd
- Harbin Electric Company
- Babcock & Wilcox (B&W)
- General Electric (GE)
- Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
- DongfangElectric Corporation Ltd