The global potato protein market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.88% during the forecast period 2018-2023. The North American potato protein market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.23% during the forecasted period 2018-2023.
Increased awareness on the importance of proteins in the diet, growing preference for vegetarian products and versatile functionality boosts the demand for high value-added plant proteins like potato protein. Rising demand for healthy, nutritious and gluten-free products and consumer demand for clean-label products are the major drivers of the market. As the companies are failing to provide evidence for the health claims, preventing them from advertising the nutritional benefits of the product; and the low consumer awareness of non-soy proteins are the major constraints for the growth of the potato protein market in North America.
Potato proteins are exceptionally soluble and offer superior emulsifying, foaming and gelling properties in several confectionary products, gluten-free products, meat and meat analogues, dairy-free milks, cheese and ice creams, high-protein snacks & bars, and egg-free dressings and pasta. The proteins have revealed to be able to substitute high-value animal proteins like caseinate, whey protein isolate, gelatin, egg albumen and egg yolk. This ongoing developments are creating awareness among food & beverage manufacturers as well as among consumers, in turn driving the overall potato protein market in the region.
There exists great scope for improvement in protein delivery through further research and development, as there lies an opportunity for potato protein market for condition specific nutrition along with satiety and weight management nutrition.
On the basis of type, the North America potato protein market can be segmented into potato protein isolate and potato protein concentrate. Potato protein isolates were introduced in the US market in 2009. Isolates segment accounts for the major share due to its heavy demand for gluten-free products, and beverages. Potato protein finds its major applications in beverages, snacks and bars, pet food, sports nutrition and others. Among the applications, potato protein is majorly used in sports nutrition and it is especially suitable for powder beverages and protein fortification.
The US accounts for the major share in the North American potato protein market. Consumer shift from low-carbohydrate diet and increased health awareness on plant proteins is driving the US potato protein market.
MAJOR PLAYERS: AVEBE, TEREOS SYROL, ROQUETTE, AGRIDIENT, STAUBER PERFORMANCE INGREDIENTS, KEMIN INDUSTRIES, INC, CYVEX NUTRITION, AKV LANGHOLT AMBA, KMC INGREDIENT, PPZ NIECHLOW, ROYAL INGREDIENTS GROUP, MEELUNIE BV and WPPZ S.A., amongst others.
- Januray 2017: Leading company Avebe USA showcased its innovative potato starch and protein concepts at IFT Las Vegas 2017, to reach out to consumers and manufacturers of potato protein in North America.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Potato Protein Concentrate
4.1.2 Potato Protein Isolate
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Sport Nutrition
4.2.3 Snacks and Bars
4.2.4 Pet Food
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Tereos Syrol
6.5 Stauber Performance Ingredients
6.6 Kemin Industries, Inc
6.7 Cyvex Nutrition
6.8 AKV Langholt AMBA
6.9 KMC Ingredient
6.10 PPZ Niechlow
6.11 Royal Ingredients Group
6.12 Meelunie BV
6.13 WPPZ S.A