The increasing demand for fairness products is driving the face wash industry in Bangladesh. Most of the people in the country consider fairness as a major factor to describe beauty. As the number of fair-skinned people in the country is less, people opt for products which can increase their fairness. The market is driven by increasing disposable income, even though only 7% of the country’s current population can be classified as middle income or affluent currently, the middle- and affluent-class populace of the country are estimated to account for around 17% of the population by 2025. However, the higher prices of the international brands could pave the way for opportunities for domestic or low-cost face-wash brands in Bangladesh.
Growing Consumer’s Preference for Gel-based Face Wash is likely to drive the Segments’ Growth during the Forecast Period.
By product type, the gel segment is likely to witness highest CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period, as these are most preferred by consumers. By composition, the market can be categorized into herbal, and chemical; consumers are shifting towards herbal face-wash because of increasing demand for natural ingredients in the market.
By distribution channel, the market can be categorized into supermarkets/hypermarkets, online retailers, and convenience stores.
Major Players: L'OREAL, HIMALAYA, UNILEVER, and JOHNSON & JOHNSON, amongst others.
- To create awareness about beauty products among the rural population, international players, like Shiseido, are their developing marketing networks in rural Bangladesh. With the help of a local non-governmental organization, the company has successfully developed a grass-roots marketing network in farming villages. Shiseido’s initiative helps empower rural women in Bangladesh and raise their awareness about face wash products.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
3. Regional Analysis
3.1 PESTLE Analysis
3.2 Ease of Doing Business
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Market Demand Analysis
4.5.1 Identification of Target Sub-segments (Demand Estimation)
4.5.2 Media Preference of Customer
4.5.3 Spending Patterns and Frequency of Purchasing
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Types
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.1 Convenience Stores
5.2.3 Online Retailers
5.3 By Gender
5.4 By Composition Type
6. Market Entry
6.1 Market Entry: The Strategy
6.2 Types of Entry Modes, by Market Entry Objective
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Supply Chain Analysis