Convenience and on-the-go snack trend
Trail mix is gaining popularity among adults and working population due to its nutrition. The innovation in product development such as exotic flavors, packaging and marketing are the various factors driving the market. Packaging of trail mix in various small and convenient packs are actually driving its sale as it is easy to carry. There is a growing demand for nuts and seeds as a part of healthy snacking. Trail mix in combination with nuts/seeds covers cocoa, meat snacks, yogurt like high protein ingredients which makes it more nutritious compared to other alternatives. The trend of consumers who are looking for snacks as a meal replacement or weight management is growing at a faster rate. There is drastic shift observed in the breakfast and snacking due to fast moving lifestyle. Consumers prefer to opt for healthy, small pack of on-the-go breakfast. Trail mix is a great choice for busy morning, after school snacks and game time snacks. Despite of its growing market in North America, trail mix is still a niche segment in snacks in rest of the world. Low consumer awareness in developing region and availability of other snack alternatives are the major restrain for the trail mix market.
Europe is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the growing preference for nuts and seed snacking. North American region has the highest share for trail mix market. US dominates the market for trail mix driven by the growing demand for healthy on-the go breakfast and meal replacement trend. The market for nuts, seeds and dry fruits as a snack is growing at a double digit growth in Western Europe. Trail mix can be easily designed based on the regional taste and ingredient preference which is the major strategy adopted by companies to target sale.
MAJOR PLAYERS: MARS INC., TROPICAL FOODS, AURORA PRODUCTS, TROPICAL FOODS’ HARTMAN, SETTON FARMS, ORCHARD VALLEY HARVEST, JERRY'S NUT HOUSE, MUNKI FOOD COMPANY, POWERS CANDY & NUT COMPANY and KAR'S NUT, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trend
3.2 Consumer behaviour
3.3 Market Dynamics
220.127.116.11 Growing demand for high protein & nutrition snacking
18.104.22.168 Increased demand for plant protein globally
22.214.171.124 On the go snacking trend and convenience packaging of product
126.96.36.199 Avialability of other snacking options
188.8.131.52 Product innovation with value added ingredients
3.3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Distribution Channel
4.1.2 Small grocery stores
4.1.3 Special health stores
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
4.2.4 South America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Number of products launched
5.2 Strategy adopted by Key players
5.3 Most active companies in the past five years
5.4 Market Share Analysis
6. List of Company Profiles
6.1 Mars Inc.
6.2 Tropical Foods
6.3 Aurora Products
6.4 Tropical Foods’ Hartman
6.5 Setton Farms
6.6 Orchard Valley Harvest
6.7 Jerry's Nut House
6.8 Munki Food Company
6.9 Powers Candy & Nut Company
6.10 Kar's Nut