The emergence of Internet of Things (IOT) is expected to be a key opportunity for the growth of the global smart label market, during the forecast period.
Increased Demand for Security and Tracking Solutions
The issues related to security against theft and counterfeiting is crucial to any industry. As enterprises across the world are setting up more and more direct selling chains all over, the importance of security systems against theft and counterfeiting is paramount these days. These smart labels are not just used as an anti-theft device/tag, but smart chips are installed within the labels enabling the tracking of location as well. Market leaders, such as Zebra Technologies, have come up with Material flow solutions that help the industries to deliver materials with in-time precision. Earlier, when racks or containers were damaged, there was a huge loss incurred, owing to the delay in time. Rack and container tracking solutions have been developed with increased visibility for the better management of highly complex operations and cost optimization. With the advent of such technologies that help the industries carry out their operations efficiently, there has been a huge demand from industries for more such technologies to ease the process for consumer satisfaction.
Healthcare to Witness, the Fastest Growth during the Forecast Period
Smart technology has already transformed the life science and healthcare industry for the better, in terms of supply-chain management, cold-chain monitoring, track-and-trace compliance, and security & authentication. Through both chemical and RFID technologies, drugs and medical devices are visible, traceable, and well monitored, from manufacture, all the way through, to retail shelves and even consumers’ homes. Smart technologies are living up to their promise of preventing spoiled, expired, or counterfeit products from reaching the market and aiding adherence to DSCSA, but they are also presenting new opportunities to brand owners for more targeted, better personalized marketing, and customer engagement. Newer technologies, such as NFC, which provides package-to-Smartphone communication without requiring an application to be open, and the printing of RFID antennae and electronic circuitry directly, to labels using conductive inks, are paving the way to even better, more capable, streamlined use of smart labeling and packaging. Best of all, smart healthcare packaging, when developed to its full potential with the cooperation of pharmaceutical and medical-device brand owners, label companies, mobile-health-app firms, and marketers of smart phones, has the power to improve patient/consumer adherence, thereby maximizing patient safety and health outcomes overall.
United Kingdom to hold the Largest Market Share in Europe
The country is one of the largest markets in the frozen food market. The consumer’s inclination and spending on frozen foods, in both retail and foodservice sectors coupled with the Food Information for Consumer Regulations in the country, has augmented the global smart label market. Despite the economic uncertainty, the consumer spending on food & beverage has continued. The increased consumption has affected all spheres of food products, coupled with the increasing consumer expectations, and the need to augment brand image coupled with the growing demand for security among consumers and retailers, have contributed positively to the market. Other major sectors driving the print label market include clothing, luxury goods, and personal care products. The pharmaceutical industry in the country contributes to around 10% of the GDP, and generates over EUR 3 billion in trade surplus. The UK government has also continued to enhance its medicine manufacturing environment through the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), including packaging and intelligent labeling, which has been instrumental in driving the market in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017 - CCL Industries signed an agreement to acquire Innovia for USD 1.13 billion, a specialty and global producer of co-extruded, bi-axially oriented polypropylene films for labels, packaging & security applications. This acquisition is aimed at strengthening CCL’s capability for polymer banknotes significantly, and also expands its portfolio of security products, customers, markets and technologies.
- June 2017 - Avery Dennison Corporation acquired Yongle Tape Company Ltd., a manufacturer of specialty tapes and related products in a variety of industrial markets. Yongle Tape is China’s leading manufacturer of cable harnessing and insulation tapes. The company is a key supplier to both Chinese and global automakers, with a portfolio of high-value products that are specified by the automotive OEMs, and their suppliers. This acquisition is aimed at expanding the company’s global foot print, and strengthening its manufacturing facilities.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzes how growing demand for security and tracking solutions acts as a driver to the global market scenario.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Outlines the type of technology and end-user that are expected to dominate the market.
- Identifies the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
This report will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Analysis
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Value Chain Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Demand for Security and Tracking Solutions
4.1.2 Demand for All-in-One Package Security Solutions
4.2.1 Lack of Ubiquitous Standards
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Smart Label Market Segmentation
6.1 By Technology
6.1.1 Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS)
6.1.4 Electronic shelf labels (ESL)
6.2 By End-user
6.2.2 Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
6.3 By Region
6.3.1 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Rest of the World
188.8.131.52 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence
7.1 Avery Dennison Corporation
7.2 CCL Industries Inc
7.3 Checkpoints Systems, Inc.
7.4 Zebra Technologies Corporation
7.5 Intermec, Inc.
7.6 Invengo Information Technology Co Ltd
7.7 Sato Holdings Corporation
7.8 Thin Film Electronics ASA
7.9 Smartrac N.V.
7.10 Muehlbauer Holding AG *List not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Market
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- CCL Industries Inc
- Checkpoints Systems Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Intermec Inc.
- Invengo Information Technology Co Ltd
- Sato Holdings Corporation
- Thin Film Electronics ASA
- Smartrac N.V.
- Muehlbauer Holding AG