This edition of Future Tech TOE discusses about innovations in power-to-X technology. Power-to-X technology is an innovative approach for energy storage, which can be used to address the intermittency of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, and to balance network loads during average and peak electricity demand. Moreover, it has a real potential to contribute significantly to addressing challenges regarding reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and utilization of surplus energy across different industries.
The Future Tech TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures emerging innovations in research and development, or profile existing technologies which have seen a resurgence in terms of new markets and applications. It usually provides a technology overview, drivers, challenges, research and development, analyst insights and key patent information. In some cases, technology convergence scenarios and future growth opportunities are outlined. It covers innovations and technologies in a variety of industry spaces including manufacturing, sensors, electronics, information and communications technologies, networks, lighting technologies, healthcare, medical devices, materials and coatings, and developments in the energy sector that contribute toward a sustainable and greener world.
The Energy and Utilities cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
1. Power-to-X Technology
- Power-to-X: Technology Background
- Power-to-X Technology Interlinks Different Sectors
- Drivers for Adoption of Power-to-X Technology
- Challenges in Adoption of Power-to-X Technology
- Global Scenario of Power-to-X Technology
2. Recent Developments in Power-to-X Technologies
- Conversion of Greenhouse Gases into Chemicals for Power Grid Stabilization
- Innovative Pilot Plant for Improvement of Energy Security and Environmental Protection
- Electrolysis-based Long-term Hydrogen Energy Storage
- Groundbreaking Method for Underground Energy Storage
3. Strategic Insights
- Strategic Insights for Power-to-X Technology
4. The Road Ahead
- Future Trends toward Wide Adoption of Power-to-X by the Mobility Sector
- Recent Patents Related to Power to Gas Technology
- Recent Patents Related to Power-to-X Energy Storage Technology
- Industry Contacts