Reflecting on the author's 25 plus years of experience in signal processing and communication system design, this book is ideal for professional engineers, researchers and graduate students working in cellular communication systems, radio air-interface technologies, cellular communications protocols, advanced radio access technologies for beyond 4G systems, and broadband cellular standards.
- Written by a single author who has been involved in the inception and development of 3GPP 4G and 5G technologies for over 20 years
- Explains how individual components are interrelated and interoperate to make a complete system
- Covers all system functionalities, features, and their interoperation based on a clear protocol structure
- Provides sections on network slicing, SDN/NFV/MEC networks, massive MIMO, mmWave and cloud and virtualized RAN implementations
- Includes a strong focus on implementation and deployment issues
1. 5G Network Architecture 2. 5G RF Spectrum 3. New Radio Access Physical Layer Aspect 4. RF and Transceiver Design Considerations 5. New Radio Access Layer 2/3 Aspects (MAC, RLC, PDCP, and RRC) 6. NB-IoT 7. Device-to-Device and Machine-Type Communications 8. Vehicle-to-Vehicle/Infrastructure Communications 9. Unlicensed, License-Assisted Access and LTE-Wi-Fi Link Aggregation 10. Enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service (eMBMS) 11. Implementation Considerations
Dr. Sassan Ahmadi is a senior wireless systems architect and cellular standards expert with over 25 years of experience in signal processing and communication system design as well as cellular systems standards development. He was a leading technical contributor to the definition and development of requirements and evaluation methodology for the IMT-Advanced systems in ITU-R. He was also a technical contributor and leader in the development of the IMT-Advanced standards in ITU-R, IEEE, and 3GPP.