5G NR: Architecture, Technology, Implementation, and Operation of 3GPP New Radio Standards is an in-depth, systematic, technical reference on 3GPP's New Radio standards (Release 15 and beyond), covering the underlying theory, functional descriptions, practical considerations and implementation of the 5G new radio access technology. The book describes the design and operation of individual components and shows how they are integrated into the overall system and operate from a systems perspective. Uniquely, this book gives detailed information on RAN protocol layers, transport, network architecture and services, as well as practical implementation and deployment issues, making it suitable for researchers and engineers who are designing and developing 5G systems.
Reflecting on the author's 30 plus years of experience in signal processing, microelectronics and wireless communication system design, this book is ideal for professional engineers, researchers and graduate students working and researching in cellular communication systems and protocols as well as mobile broadband wireless standards.
- Strong focus on practical considerations, implementation and deployment issues
- Takes a top-down approach to explain system operation and functional interconnection
- Covers all functional components, features, and interfaces based on clear protocol structure and block diagrams
- Describes RF and transceiver design considerations in sub-6 GHz and mmWave bands
- Covers network slicing, SDN/NFV/MEC networks and cloud and virtualized RAN architectures
- Comprehensive coverage of NR multi-antenna techniques and beamformed operation
- A consistent and integrated coverage reflecting the author's decades of experience in developing 3G, 4G and 5G technologies and writing two successful books in these areas
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. 5G Network Architecture 2. New Radio Access Layer 2 and Layer 3 Aspects and System Operation 3. New Radio Access Physical Layer Aspects (Part 1) 4. New Radio Access Physical Layer Aspects (Part 2) 5. New Radio Access RF and Transceiver Design Considerations 6. Internet of Things (NB-IoT and mMTC) 7. Vehicle to Everything (V2X) Communications 8. Operation in Unlicensed and Shared Spectrum
Dr. Sassan Ahmadi is the Director of 5G Wireless Systems and Standards with Xilinx Inc., and a Lecturer at Stanford University with over 30 years of experience in signal processing and communication system design as well as cellular systems standards development. Previously, he held senior positions at Apple, Intel and Nokia. He has authored two books on wireless communications, "LTE-Advanced, A Practical Systems Approach to Understanding 3GPP LTE Releases 10 and 11 Radio Access Technologies", Academic Press, 2013 and "Mobile WiMAX, A Systems Approach to Understanding IEEE 802.16m Radio Access Technology", Academic Press, 2010 and over 90 patents/patent applications on various aspects of 4G and 5G radio access networks. He is the co-author of six other books as well as and the author of more than 20 refereed journal and conference papers. For over two decades, he has been a technical contributor and leader in the development of the cellular standards including 5G NR, IMT-Advanced, and IEEE 802.16m standards in 3GPP, ITU-R, and IEEE. He has taught graduate courses at Stanford University since 2014 and University of California, San Diego between 2000 and 2003.