Advanced Design Examples of Seismic Retrofit of Structures provides insights on the problems associated with the seismic retrofitting of existing structures. The authors present various international case studies of seismic retrofitting projects and the different possible strategies on how to handle complex problems encountered. Users will find tactics on a variety of problems that are commonly faced, including problems faced by engineers and authorities who have little or no experience in the practice of seismic retrofitting.
- Provides several examples of retrofitting projects that cover different structural systems, from non-engineered houses, to frame buildings
- Presents various retrofitting methods through examples
- Provides detailed, step-by-step design procedures for each example
- Includes real retrofit projects with photos of the details of various retrofitting techniques
- Contains several modeling details and hints making use of various software in this area
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Example of a Two-story Unreinforced Masonry School Building
3. Example of a Steel Moment-resisting Frame with Masonry Infill Walls
4. Example of a Reinforced Concrete Frame
5. Examples of Rehabilitation of Historical Structures
6. Examples of Non-engineered Buildings
Mohammad Yekrangnia, is a faculty member of Civil Engineering Department, Shahid Rajaee University. Since 2008, he has been a senior technical advisor at the retrofit office of the Organization for Development, Renovation and Equipping Schools of Iran (DRES). He was a Visiting Fellow at The Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (PEER), UC Berkeley, CA, USA. He co-authored two books and published over 50 peer-reviewed papers in reputed international journals and conferences. Also, he contributed in publishing more than 10 international and national reports and had a major role in development of several national standards and instructions. His research interests include seismic retrofit of buildings, masonry buildings, seismic risk analysis, infilled frames, and historic buildings. He specialized in advanced numerical modelling of structures and also various types of laboratory and in-situ testing methods.