The Technology of Wafers and Waffles: Recipes, Product Development and Knowhow is the definitive reference book addressing new product development in wafers and waffles. As a companion manual to The Technology of Wafers and Waffles: Operational Aspects, it provides a varied selection of recipes for different types of wafers, waffles, and fillings. This book discusses flat and shaped wafers, ice cream cones, cups, wafer reels, wafer sticks, stroop waffles, and North American frozen waffles. A separate chapter focuses on recipe calculations for wafer and waffle batters, doughs, and fillings, which allows estimating output, cost, and main nutrient content.
Finally, there is also an overview on the patent and food science literature on wafers and waffles in chronological order.
- Brings a selection of recipes for different types of wafers, waffles, and fillings, along with information on relevant patents and literature
- Includes a chapter on recipe calculations for wafer and waffle batters, doughs and fillings, along with a glossary of terms in wafer and waffle science and technology
- Explores recipe calculation for estimating cost and final composition in main nutrients for wafers and waffles
- Provides tables that help keep nutrient targets during new product development processes
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Ideas and Principles in Recipe Development 2. Recipes for No/Low Sugar Wafer Batters 3. Recipes for Sugar Wafer Batters 4. Recipes for Waffle Batters and Doughs 5. Recipes for Wafer Fillings 6. Recipe Calculations 7. The Essence of Patents & Publications on wafers and waffles 8. Wafer Technology Glossary 9 References and Register for Part II
Karl F. Tiefenbacher was Head of the Franz Haas Bakery Technology Centre for 26 years and spent 14 years in Research and Development in the food industry. He has handled more than 300 troubleshooting tasks in Bakery Technology worldwide and provides recipe consulting and development for many companies across the globe. He has conducted trainings in wafer, waffle, and biscuit technology for operators, technologists, and owners, and has given assistance in equipment selection and commissioning.