Modern Techniques for Food Authentication, Second Edition presents a comprehensive review of the novel techniques available to authenticate food products, including various spectroscopic technologies, methods based on isotopic analysis and chromatography, and other techniques based on DNA, enzymatic analysis and electrophoresis. This new edition pinpoints research and development trends for those working in research, development and operations in the food industry, giving them readily accessible information on modern food authentication techniques to ensure a safe and authentic food supply. It will also serve as an essential reference source to undergraduate and postgraduate students, and for researchers in universities and research institutions.
- Presents emerging imaging techniques that have proven to be powerful, non-destructive tools for food authentication
- Includes applications of hyperspectral imaging to reflect the current trend of developments in food imaging technology for each topic area
- Provides pixel level visualization techniques needed for fast and effective food sample testing
- Contains two new chapters on Imaging Spectroscopic Techniques
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction to Food Authentication 2. Spectroscopic Technique: Mid Infrared (MIR) and Fourier Transform Mid Infrared (FT-MIR) Spectroscopies 3. Spectroscopic Technique: Near Infrared (NIR) Spectroscopy 4. Spectroscopic Technique: Fourier Transform Near Infrared (FT-NIR) Spectroscopy 5. Spectroscopic Technique: Raman Spectroscopy 6. Spectroscopic Technique: Fourier Transform Raman (FT-Raman) Spectroscopy 7. Spectroscopic Technique: Fluorescent and Ultraviolet Visible (UV-Vis) Spectroscopy 8. Imaging Spectroscopic Technique: Hyperspectral Imaging 9. Imaging Spectroscopic Technique: Raman Chemical Imaging 10. Isotopic-Spectroscopic Technique: Site-Specific Nuclear Isotopic Fractionation studied by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (SNIF-NMR) 11. Isotopic-Spectroscopic Technique: Stable Isotopic Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) 12. Chromatographic Technique: Gas Chromatography (GC) 13. Chromatographic Technique: High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) 14. DNA-Based Technique: Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) 15. Enzymic Technique: Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) 16. Electrophoretic Technique: Capillary Zone Electrophoresis 17. Chemometric Methods in Food Authentication 18. Trends in Food Authentication
Dr. Da-Wen Sun is internationally recognized for his leadership in food engineering research and education and is a highly respected journal editor. He is the recipient of numerous awards and honors including election to the Royal Irish Academy in 2010, selection as a Member of Academia Europaea (The Academy of Europe) in 2011, induction as a Fellow of International Academy of Food Science and Technology in 2012, recipient of the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Freezing Research Award in 2013, recipient of the International Association of Engineering and Food (IAEF) Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015, and named as a Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher in 2015.
Dr. Da-Wen Sun is internationally recognized for his leadership in food engineering research and education and a highly respected journal editor. He is the recipient of numerous awards and honors including election to the Royal Irish Academy in 2010, selection as a Member of Academia Europaea (The Academy of Europe) in 2011, induction as a Fellow of International Academy of Food Science and Technology in 2012, the International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Freezing Research Award in 2013, the International Association of Engineering and Food (IAEF) Lifetime Achievement Award in 2015 and naming as 2015 Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher. His many scholarly works have become standard reference materials for researchers in the areas of computer vision/hyperspectral imaging, computational fluid dynamics modelling, and vacuum cooling. Results of his work have been published in more than 400 peer-reviewed journal papers (Web of Science h-index = 66), among them; thirty papers have been selected by ESI as highly-cited papers, ranking him first in the world in Agricultural Sciences.