"Brazil Renewable Energy Policy Handbook 2018” is among the latest country specific policy report from the industry analysis specialist that offers comprehensive information on major policies governing renewable energy market in the country.
The report provides the current and future renewable energy targets and plans along with the present policy framework, giving a fair idea of overall growth potential of the renewable energy industry. The report also provides major technology specific policies and incentives provided in the country.
The report is built using data and information sourced from industry associations, government websites and statutory bodies. The information is also sourced through other secondary research sources such as industry and trade magazines.
- The report covers policy measures and incentives used by Brazil to promote renewable energy.
- The report details promotional measures in Brazil both for the overall renewable energy industry and for specific renewable energy technologies that have potential in the country.
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner.
It will allow you to:
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about policy decisions being taken for different renewable energy sources.
- Identify opportunities and challenges in exploiting various renewable technologies.
- Compare the level of support provided to different renewable energy technologies in the country.
- Be ahead of competition by keeping yourself abreast of all the latest policy changes.
2.1 Renewable Energy Policy
2.2 Report Guidance
3 Renewable Energy Policy, Brazil
3.2.1 Renewable Energy Auctions
3.2.2 T &D lines Auctions
3.2.3 Brazil’s First Renewable Energy De-contraction Auction
3.2.4 Hybrid Renewable Energy Projects to Participate in Energy Auctions
3.2.5 Reverse Auction
3.3 Local Content Policy
3.4 Brazil National Climate Change Plan
3.5 National Policy on Energy Efficiency
3.6 National Electricity Conservation Program - PROCEL
3.7 National Energy Plan (PNE), 2030
3.8 Brazilian Energy Plan, (PDE) 2023
3.9 Energy Expansion Plan 2010-2019
3.10 Luz para Todos Electrification Program
3.11 Incentives for Small Hydropower Facilities, Law 9648
3.12 Wind Turbine Component Tax Exemption (Executive Decree 656)
3.13 Inova Energia Program
3.14 National Biodiesel Program
3.15 Net Metering for Distributed Generation
3.16 Distributed Generation Regulation and Tax Incentives
3.17 Grid Access Policies
3.18 National Alcohol Program
3.19 Federal and State Taxes on Ethanol
3.20 Social Fuel Stamp Auction System
3.21 Ethanol Blending Mandate
3.22 Ethanol Export Tax Credit - Special Regime of Reinstatement of Tax Amounts for Exporting Companies - Reintegra
3.23 Spending on Biofuels
3.23.1 CT-Petro program
3.24 Role of the National Development Bank of Brazil
3.25 Regulated Investments in Energy Efficiency
3.26 The Energy Efficiency Law
3.27 Solar Water Heating Legislation
4.1 Market Definitions
4.1.2 Installed Capacity
4.1.3 Electricity Generation
4.1.4 Electricity Consumption
4.1.5 Renewable Energy Resources
4.5.1 Secondary Research
4.5.2 Primary Research
4.5.3 Modeling and Forecasting
List of Tables
Table 1: Renewable Energy Auctions, Brazil, 2007-2017
Table 2: Hydropower Plant Auction, Winners, September 2017
Table 3: Biodiesel and Mineral Diesel, Brazil, Federal Taxes
Table 4: Abbreviations