"Smokeless Tobacco in the UK, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the British tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2027.
The UK duty paid market for tobacco products was forecast to reach 35,315 tons in 2017, having contracted considerably since 1990. However, the market was complicated by the presence of a sizeable non-domestic duty paid segment. Smokeless sales are forecast at 43 tons in 2027 or 33.8% down on sales in 2017. Per capita consumption is forecast at 0.6g in 2027, which is 36.8% lower than in 2017.
- The UK market for smokeless tobacco has been in decline for decades and by 2017 the market had contracted to 65 tons, down from 156 tons in 2000. In per capita terms, average consumption amounted to just 1g in 2017
- Imports of smokeless tobacco have fluctuated during the last decade. After peaking at 68.2 tons in 2008 they were down at 14 tons in 2016
- The long-term forecast is downwards, despite the increasing anti-smoking legislation and the widening distribution of the product
- The market is dominated by domestic producers, notably Imperial Tobacco, which has owned J&H Wilson since 1953.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco Products Market, Volume, %, 2007 & 2017
- Tobacco Products Market, Tons, 2007-2017
- Market size and structure
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2007-2017
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2007-2017
- Smokeless Tobacco: Market Segmentation, Tons, 2007-2017
- Snuff: Sales by Tin Size, % Value, 2004-2010
- Snuff: Sales by Type, Medicated v Non-Medicated, % Value, 2004, 2007-2010
- Production and trade
- Imports, Tons, 2006-2010
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Volume %, 2016
- Imports by Country of Origin, Top Three, Value %, 2016
- Exports, Tons, 2006-2010
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Volume %, 2016
- Exports by Country of Destination, Top Four, Value %, 2016
- Taxation and retail prices
- Other Tobacco: Excise Duty Rates, 1982-2017
- Snuff : Retail Sales Trends, 2000, 2003-2009
- Snuff: Retail Prices, 2018
- Chewing Tobacco: Retail Prices, 2018
- Manufacturers and brands
- Snuff: Brand Shares, % Value, 2004, 2006-2010
- Chewing Tobacco: Leading Brands, 2011
- Company Profiles
- Prevalence of Chewing Tobacco Usage by Age & Gender in South Asian Minority Ethnic Groups, 2004
- Operating constraints
- Health warnings and labeling requirements
- Prospects and forecasts
- Smokeless Tobacco Consumption, Tons, 2017-2027
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2017-2027