This insight provides an overview of the key technology trends, growth potential, use cases in the energy ecosystem, and major innovators in the industrial wearable domain. A comprehensive overview of the use cases for wearable in energy with potential problems and how wearable can address the shortcomings with application benefits has been analyzed. In addition, a comprehensive market analysis of the key companies working on industrial wearables with their product description has been provided.
Wearable technologies offer significant growth opportunities with advancements in the technology as well as innovate business models. Currently, there is a lack of awareness about utilization of the right wearable technology for appropriate application. The concerns regarding data protection because of the absence of stringent regulations are also resulting in scepticism of mass adoption of wearables. Vertical integration can play a vital role in bridging the gap between understanding the customer requirements and developing appropriate wearable technologies on a bespoke basis.
The main disruptive innovation in wearable energy industry is improving the productivity and safety of the employee while gaining access to real-time information for enhanced worker efficiency and solving real-time problems on the field. The major growth opportunities are expected to be in the manufacturing and solar power sector where field technicians can have access to real-time information that include product service manuals, instructional videos, or a map to the next service call location.
Some of the key companies in this market include Daqri Inc, Vuziq, Kopin Corporation, Optalert, Epson, Upskill, Google, Rufus labs, ProGlove, StrongArm Technologies, Imprint Energy, Glass Up, Human Condition Safety, Atheer, Ubimax, Scope AR, Sullivan Solar, IBM, SolePower.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the main growth opportunities for wearables in the Utilities and other similar sectors?
- What are the main implications of the wearable in the Energy Value Chain?
- What are the key emerging innovation themes and who is driving these innovations?
- What are the different business models developed by the market participants?
- What are the problems and barriers for adoption of wearable in energy and the potential solutions?
- What are the key strategic imperatives for Wearable technologies in Energy?
1. Executive Summary
- Impact of Wearable Technology on the Energy Sector
- Impact of Wearable Technology on the Energy Sector-Technology Lifecycle
2. Technology Trends and Business Models
- Evolution of Sensory Tracking Technology
- Key Technology Trends
- Advances in Technology-Voice and Touch
- Advances in Technology-Visual, Gesture and Emotion, and Thought
- Computational Pathway Components
- Intelligent Personal Assistants
3. Energy Use Cases
- Use Case 1: Google Glass-Installation and Maintenance of Solar Panels
- Use Case 2: IBM Watson-Improving Worker Safety
- Use Case 3: SolePower Smart Boots-Harnessing Waste Energy
- SolePower Smart Boots
- Use Case 4: Wearable Patches
- Use Case 5: Ubimax-Improving Employee Productivity
- Use Case 6: Daqri Smart Helmets + IBM Maximo
4. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Business Models
- Growth Opportunity 2-Innovations in Current Offerings
- Key Companies Working on Industrial Wearables
- Strategic Imperatives for Wearable Technologies in the Energy Sector
5. Key Conclusions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits