- Trends in biomarker partnering deals
- Biomarker partnering agreement structure
- Biomarker partnering contract documents
- Top biomarker deals by value
- Most active biomarker dealmakers
The Global Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022 report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the biomarker partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter Biomarker partnering deals and also includes software technologies. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
This report provides details of the latest Biomarker agreements announced in the healthcare sectors.
A biomarker, or biological marker, is an indicator of a biological state, or disease state as in medicinal use. It is a characteristic that is objectively measured and evaluated as an indicator of normal biological processes, pathogenic processes, or pharmacologic responses to a therapeutic intervention.
The report takes readers through the comprehensive biomarker deal trends, key players and top deal values allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms companies are currently entering biomarker partnering deals.
The report presents average financial deal terms values for biomarker deals, where available listing by overall headline values, upfront payments, milestones and royalties enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the value of current deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leaders in the biomarker partnering field; both the leading deal values and leading players are reported allowing readers to see who is succeeding in this growing market. This chapter also looks at the contributions by the big pharma and big biotech companies of the world in terms of deals made.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 1,400 online deals records of actual biomarker deals as disclosed by the deal parties are included towards the end of the report in a directory format that is easy to reference. Each deal links via Weblink to an online version and all these deals are organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), specific therapy and technology focus. In addition the report includes actual contract documents where available as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their deal partners.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains a comprehensive listing of all Biomarker partnering deals announced since Jan 2010, including financial terms where available, including links to online deal records of actual Biomarker partnering deals as disclosed by the deal parties. In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Biomarker dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Biomarker dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Biomarker deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active Biomarker dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Biomarker dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Biomarker deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biomarker partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Biomarker partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Biomarker technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by Biomarker partnering company A-Z, deal type definitions and Biomarker partnering agreements example. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Biomarker partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Biomarker technologies and products.
Global Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022: Deal trends, players and financials provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of biomarker deal trends since 2011
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Detailed access to actual biomarker contracts enter into by the leading 25 bigpharma companies
- Access to most active biomarker dealmakers since 2010
- Insight into the terms included in a biomarker agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022: Deal trends, players and financials is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to biomarker trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in biomarker dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to biomarker contract documents
- The leading biomarker deals by value since 2010
- Most active biomarker dealmakers since 2010
- The leading biomarker partnering resources
In Global Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022: Deal trends, players and financials, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Biomarker Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010-2022: Deal trends, players and financials report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 1,400 biomarker deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise biomarker rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
Table of Contents
2.2. Biomarker partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Biomarker dealmakers
2.4. Biomarker partnering by deal type
2.5. Biomarker partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Biomarker partnering
2.6.1 Biomarker partnering headline values
2.6.2 Biomarker deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Biomarker deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Biomarker royalty rates
3.2. Top Biomarker deals by value
4.2. Most active Biomarker dealmakers
4.3. Most active Biomarker partnering company profiles
5.2. Biomarker contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Biomarker deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Biomarker deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Biomarker deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
Appendix 6 - Further reading on dealmaking
Figure 2: Active Biomarker dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Biomarker partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Biomarker partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Biomarker deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Biomarker deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Biomarker deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Biomarker deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Biomarker deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Biomarker dealmakers since 2010
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Medical University South Carolina
- Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics
- Australian Imaging
- Food Allergy Research & Education
- GE Healthcare
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Beckman Coulter
- Menssana Research
- RainDance Technologies
- Asterand Bioscience
- Lung and Blood Institute
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Rockland Immunochemicals
- John and Lucille Van Geest Foundation
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Quadrant Biosciences
- Vigilant Biosciences
- Guardant Health
- Jubilant Therapeutics
- Dominantly Inherited Alzheimers Network
- Stellar Biotechnologies
- Biosearch Technologies
- A Menarini Diagnostics
- Metamark Genetics
- The Parker Institute For Cancer Immunotherapy
- 4D Pharma
- GC Pharma
- LightArray Biotech
- San Martino Hospital
- Tel Hashomer
- Medidata Solutions
- Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF)
- Innovate UK
- Pharmatech Solutions
- QDx Pathology Services
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.