This report provides details of the latest Big Pharma agreements announced in the life sciences since 2015.
The report takes the reader through a comprehensive review Big Pharma deal trends, key players, top deal values, as well as deal financials, allowing the understanding of how, why and under what terms, companies are entering Big Pharma partnering deals.
The report presents financial deal term values for Big Pharma deals, listing by headline value, upfront payments, milestone payments and royalties, enabling readers to analyse and benchmark the financial value of deals.
The middle section of the report explores the leading dealmakers in the Big Pharma partnering field; both the leading deal values and most active Big Pharma dealmaker companies are reported allowing the reader to see who is succeeding in this dynamic dealmaking market.
One of the key highlights of the report is that over 3,400 online deal records of actual Big Pharma deals, as disclosed by the deal parties, are included towards the end of the report in a directory format - by company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, therapy focus, and technology type - that is easy to reference. Each deal record in the report links via Weblink to an online version of the deal.
In addition, where available, records include contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Whilst many companies will be seeking details of the payment clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Big Pharma dealmaking. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Big Pharma dealmaking since 2015, including details of headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Big Pharma deals since 2015. Deals are listed by headline value. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 most active companies including Pfizer, Sanofi, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson and many others, in Big Pharma dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Big Pharma deals announded by that company, as well as contract documents, where available.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Big Pharma partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2015, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Big Pharma partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2015. The chapter is organized by specific technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
A comprehensive series of appendices is provided organized by Big Pharma partnering company A-Z, stage of development, deal type, and therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each deal on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Big Pharma partnering and dealmaking since 2015.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Big Pharma technologies and products.
Global Big Pharma Partnering Terms and Agreements 2015-2022 provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of Big Pharma deal trends since 2015
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Detailed access to actual Big Pharma contracts entered into by leading biopharma companies
- Identify most active Big Pharma dealmakers since 2015
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Global Big Pharma Partnering Terms and Agreements 2015-2022 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Big Pharma trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Big Pharma Partnering Terms and Agreements includes:
- Trends in Big Pharma dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2015
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to Big Pharma contract documents
- Leading Big Pharma deals by value since 2015
- Most active Big Pharma dealmakers since 2015
In Global Big Pharma Partnering Terms and Agreements 2015-2022, the available deals are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy target
- Technology type
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Global Big Pharma Partnering Terms and Agreements 2015-2022s report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 3,400 Big Pharma deals.
Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
2.2. Big Pharma partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Big Pharma dealmakers
2.4. Big Pharma partnering by deal type
2.5. Big Pharma partnering by therapy area
2.6. Big Pharma partnering by technology type
2.7. Deal terms for Big Pharma partnering
2.7.1 Big Pharma partnering headline values
2.7.2 Big Pharma deal upfront payments
2.7.3 Big Pharma deal milestone payments
2.7.4 Big Pharma royalty rates
3.2. Top Big Pharma deals by value
4.2. Most active Big Pharma dealmakers
4.3. Most active Big Pharma partnering company profiles
Including Pfizer, Sanofi, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson and many others
5.2. Big Pharma contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Big Pharma deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Big Pharma deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Big Pharma deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
Figure 2: Active Big Pharma dealmaking activity- 2015 to 2022
Figure 3: Big Pharma partnering by deal type since 2015
Figure 4: Big Pharma partnering by disease type since 2015
Figure 5: Big Pharma partnering by technology type since 2015
Figure 6: Big Pharma deals with a headline value
Figure 7: Big Pharma deals with an upfront value
Figure 8: Big Pharma deals with a milestone value
Figure 9: Big Pharma deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 10: Top Big Pharma deals by value since 2015
Figure 11: Most active Big Pharma dealmakers 2015 to 2022
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.