Yugoiztochen, Yugozapaden, Yuzhen tsentralen regions of Bulgaria contribute 74.91% to the country’s GDP and comprise 64.52% of the Bulgarian population
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 23.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by financial intermediation (17.2%) and wholesale and retail trade (16.1%). During the period 2017-2019, these three sectors are forecasted to grow by 4.8%, 5.2% and 5.1% respectively.
- Bulgaria ranked 50th out of 136 nations in the MLCRI Q3 2017. The country’s score is in the low risk nations band (Above 30)
- The Bulgarian Stock Exchange Sofia AD (BSO) index exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of February 23, 2018 the index stood at 687.3 as compared to 606.6 on February 23, 2017
- Wholesale and retail trade sector attracted the most investments followed by financial and insurance activities in 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Bulgaria’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Eastern Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: SOFIX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Net FDI (2012-2016) and FDI by Sector (2012-2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Countries (2014-2016) and FDI by Regions 2016
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment % of total exports 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Monthly Minimum Wages (Bi-annual)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Bulgaria 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions