Red River Delta, Northern Central Coast and Mekong River Delta Regions are among the best performing regions in Vietnam. They comprise 63.2% of Vietnamese population
Services contributed (44.4%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (30.9%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow at an annual average of 10.8% and 9.9% respectively during the period 2017-2019
- Vietnam ranked 72nd out of 136 nations in the MLCRI Q3 2017. The country’s score is in the manageable risk nations band (40-50)
- Sector wise, the manufacturing sector remained the major invested sector in Vietnam (attracted 29.4% of the total FDI in 2016), followed by the service sector where transportation and storage activities took the lead and contributed 11.25% to the total FDI inflows in 2016.
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Vietnam deteriorated in last two years with a decline in rank from 48th in 2014 to 64th in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Vietnam's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Stock Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
Exhibit 7: Investment by Country, 2016
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Total Value of Electrical Machinery and Equipment and Parts thereof as % of World Export, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Un-employment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2012-16
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Vietnam 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions