Clean Energy Development Driving the Market
Nuclear energy offers the benefit of greenhouse gas-free power generation, which enables countries to adhere to increasingly stricter emission control regulations. Power generation from sun and wind are intermittent in nature, whereas, nuclear power is regular and highly reliable at cheaper cost. Nuclear energy is presently the largest source of clean energy, capable of delivering round-the-clock electricity.
Asia-Pacific Accounts for the Largest Share
Owing to the robust development of nuclear power infrastructure in the region, Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest share in the global nuclear power and equipment market. The demand for electricity in Asia-Pacific countries is increasing rapidly, which has augmented the regional power generation capacity. Nuclear power, being a clean and reliable source of electricity, is witnessing a significant boost from the governments in Asia-Pacific countries.
China to Dominate the Market’s Growth
China is rapidly changing its overall supply of electrical energy, by means of nuclear plants. The country has planned to augment its nuclear power generation capacity from 32.4 GW in 2017 to 150 GW by the end of 2030. The Chinese government’s five-year plans that guide the country’s overall development have targeted nuclear power as an avenue for development for the next few decades.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Hitachi-GE's advanced boiling water reactor (ABWR) designs have been cleared by the regulators in the United Kingdom, for its new build projects. The design assessment process has entailed detailed assessments and submissions across 20 topic work streams.
- December 2017: France-based EDF announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 75.5% stake in Areva NP, the nuclear reactor construction unit of Areva Group.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future nuclear power plant and equipment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis, (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Product Type
7.1.1 Pressurized Water Reactor
7.1.2 Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor
7.1.3 Boiling Water Reactor
7.1.4 High-temperature Gas Cooled Reactor
7.1.5 Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor
7.2 By Carrier Type
7.2.1 Island Equipment Market Analysis
7.2.2 Auxiliary Equipment Market Analysis
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.5 Rest of Europe
8.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of South America
8.5 Middle East & Africa
8.5.2 Saudi Arabia
8.5.3 South Africa
8.5.5 Rest of Middle East & Africa
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
9.2 Babcock and Wilcox Company
9.3 Dongfang Electric Corporation Ltd
9.5 Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy Ltd
9.6 Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co. Ltd
9.7 Larsen & Toubro Ltd
9.8 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
9.9 Shangai Electric
9.10 China General Nuclear Power Group
9.11 Exelon Generation Co. LLC
9.12 Toshiba Corporation
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
11.1 Contact Us
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on the public domain
- Babcock and Wilcox Company
- Dongfang Electric Corporation Ltd
- Hitachi-GE Nuclear energy Ltd
- Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co. Ltd
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd S.Angai Electric
- China General Nuclear Power Group
- Exelon Generation Co. LLC
- Toshiba Corporation
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation