The global market for food emulsifiers is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 5.8%, during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The demand for natural emulsifiers offers huge potential in the emulsifier market, for example beeswax, lanolin, lecithin, and saponin. Notably, the important parameter is that the system attains natural certification from a renowned body, such as Ecocert.
The Expanding Processed Food Market Boosts Market Growth
A rapidly growing population and greater levels of urbanization, globally, have boosted demand for processed food products, thus, driving the demand for food ingredients. In Asian countries, like India and China, with greater disposable incomes and busy lifestyles, demand for packaged, processed, and ready-to-eat food is increasing. Food emulsifier manufacturers are catering to increased demand from food manufacturers, for preserving the freshness, safety, taste, appearance, and texture of processed foods. All food emulsifiers are required to be approved by appropriate authorities and organizations, to ensure strict limits on added amount and types of emulsifiers in processed foods.
The requirement for clean labels, is proving to be a major cost factor for food emulsifier manufacturers, in terms of raw material sourcing and production process, thus becoming a major restraint in the industry.
Varied Applications of Emulsifiers in the Bakery & Confectionery Segment
By product type, major food manufacturers use lecithin, as it is considered to be non-toxic to humans, and it easily enhances the color, flavor, texture, and shelf life of products.
Emulsifiers have wide range of application in the dairy and bakery & confectionary industries. The demand for natural and nutraceutical products, further drives the use of emulsifiers in varied food applications.
Europe Leading the Front
The European food emulsifier market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. However, the developing markets of Asia-Pacific, most importantly India and China, account for a high growth rate of 6.81%, because of the increasing population and changing food habits. New and innovative techniques are being implemented in the African emulsifier market, and huge amount is being spent on R&D in the sector, for the same.
- January, 2017: Companies, like Kerry, have strong dedication toward sustainability, and are thus, sourcing raw material from suppliers, who share these values. Kerry’s global emulsifier manufacturing footprint propositions the largest selection of non-PHO and non-GMO emulsifiers, as well as many non-GM non-palm offerings, for those customers who do not opt for soy or palm products.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market, with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that impel the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities in the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that influence the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Burgeoning Affluent Middle Class of BRICS Nations
4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Processed Food
4.1.3 Growing Health Concerns and Demand for Low-fat Food
4.1.4 Increased Demand for Natural Emulsifiers
4.2.1 Stringent Regulatory Environment
4.2.2 Growing Demand for Enzymes as Substitute for Emulsifiers
4.3.1 New Product Development
4.3.2 Growing Demand for Bakery & Confectionery
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Mono-, Di-Glyceride and Derivatives
5.1.3 Sorbitan Ester
5.1.4 Polyglycerol Ester
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Dairy and Frozen Products
5.2.3 Meat, Poultry, and Seafood
5.2.6 Oil and Fat
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
5.4.4 South America
18.104.22.168 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND
7.4 CARGILL INC.
7.6 ESTELLE CHEMICALS
7.7 INGREDION INC.
7.8 KERRY GROUP
7.9 LONZA GROUP
7.12 RIKEN VITAMIN
7.13 ROYAL DSM
7.14 STEPAN COMPANY