In a rapidly evolving world, navigating the complexity of the specialty surfactants market can be a daunting task. However, this comprehensive market research report provides the necessary insights to stay ahead of competition and make informed business decisions. It offers a thorough examination of the market dynamics, industry trends, and competitive landscape that are shaping the specialty surfactants market.
Factors such as the burgeoning personal care industry, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region, and the expansion of the oleochemicals market act as key drivers for market growth. Yet, the report also highlights certain inhibitors such as stringent environmental regulations. It identifies emerging opportunities like the rising need for specialty surfactants in the food processing industry, providing your business the tools to seize these prospects. Furthermore, regional insights provided for markets including Asia-Pacific, underscore it as a leading share-holder, offering targeted strategies for region-specific growth.
This report is not just about gaining an edge, it's about understanding the playing field, remaining agile, and equipping your organisation with high-quality, data-driven decisions.
COVID-19 had a rather mixed impact on the market for specialty surfactants. The market experienced a boom as a result of the rise in demand for household cleaning and personal care products. On the other hand, the market also saw a decrease in demand for industrial and institutional cleaners, agricultural products, lubricants, and fuel additives as a result of lockdowns and travel restrictions. However, with the ease in regulations, the market has started to gather pace since 2021, and the market is likely to follow a similar trajectory during the forecast period as well.
- The major factors driving the market are the growing personal care industry in Asia-Pacific and the growth of the oleochemicals market.
- However, increasing focus on environmental regulations is hindering the growth of the market studied.
- In the near future, the growing need for specialty surfactants in the food processing industry is likely to give the market under study a number of chances to grow.
- Asia-Pacific had the biggest share of the market, and it's likely that it will continue to do so for the next few years.
Specialty Surfactants Market Trends
Household Soap and Detergent Application to Dominate the Market
- Applications in laundry detergents and soaps for use in the home accounted for the majority of the specialty surfactant market.The specialty surfactants incorporated in detergents and soaps mix with water and attach themselves to the dirt on clothes and other cleaning surfaces. This helps reduce the surface tension and remove the dirt from the concerned surface.
- The surfactant level in automatic dishwasher detergents is lower than in hand dishwashing detergents to minimize foaming in the dishwasher. The major surfactants used are LAS and alcohol ethoxy sulfates (AES).
- The International Association for Soaps, Detergents, and Maintenance Products says that the total market value of household care products in Europe will be more than USD 40 billion in 2021. More than 80% of the market will be made up of household care products.
Demand for detergent has increased in the United States in recent years. The rising prevalence of infectious diseases, coupled with growing concerns related to health and hygiene, will further increase the sales of detergent. Leading detergent brands in the United States include Tide, Gain, Arm & Hammer, All, Purex, Xtra, Persil, Dreft, and Seventh Generation. Tide dominated the U.S. detergent industry in 2022 and generated sales of nearly $2.40 billion.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the specialty surfactants market in 2022 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. Growing personal care and industrial cleaning industries in India, China, and Japan will propel the market in the future.
- Continuous population growth is a factor fueling the demand for cosmetics in the country. China is one of the leading markets for cosmetics exports from developed economies, such as the United States. According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, in 2021, the retail sales of cosmetics in China surpassed USD 58 billion and accounted for more than 17% of the global cosmetics market.
- Increasing urbanization followed by rising expenditure has increased the demand for better-quality products over the past few years. Innovative product offerings by leading household cleaning companies are expected to increase market concentration over the coming years. For instance, in July 2022, Godrej Consumer Products unveiled Godrej Magic Bodywash, India’s first ready-to-mix body wash, at just USD 0.57. Furthermore, in September 2021, the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group entered the personal-care segment by launching skin and hair care products.
Specialty Surfactants Market Competitor AnalysisThe global specialty surfactants market is moderately fragmented, as the majority of the market share is divided among many players. Some of the key players in the market include BASF SE, Dow, 3M, Stepan Company, and Koa Corporation.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry In Asia-pacific
4.1.2 Growth Of The Oleo Chemicals Market
4.2.1 Increasing Focus On Environmental Regulations
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market size in Value)
5.1.1 Synthetic Surfactants
5.1.2 Bio-based Surfactants
5.2.1 Anionic Surfactants
5.2.2 Cationic Surfactants
5.2.3 Non-ionic Surfactants
5.2.4 Amphoteric Surfactants
5.2.5 Silicone Surfactants
5.2.6 Other Types
5.3.1 Household Soap and Detergent
5.3.2 Personal Care
5.3.3 Lubricants and Fuel Additives
5.3.4 Industry and Institutional Cleaning
5.3.5 Food Processing
5.3.6 Oilfield Chemicals
5.3.7 Agricultural Chemicals
5.3.8 Textile Processing
5.3.9 Other Applications
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.5 BASF SE
6.4.7 Croda International Plc
6.4.9 ELEMENTIS PLC
6.4.10 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.11 Evonik Industries AG
6.4.14 Godrej Industries Limited
6.4.15 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.17 KAO CORPORATION
6.4.18 KLK OLEO
6.4.20 Mitsui & Co. Ltd.
6.4.22 Reliance Industries Limited
6.4.23 Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
6.4.26 Stepan Company
6.4.27 Sumitomo Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rise in Demand for Specialty Surfactants in Food Processing Industry
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc
- ELEMENTIS PLC
- Emery Oleochemicals
- Evonik Industries AG
- Godrej Industries Limited
- Huntsman International LLC
- KAO CORPORATION
- KLK OLEO
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Sanyo Chemical Industries, Ltd.
- Stepan Company
- Sumitomo Corporation