Growing Offshore Activity to Drive the Market
Since the oil price crisis in mid-2014, the offshore activities have declined significantly. But during 2016-17, with stability in oil price, the offshore drilling activity stabilized. During 2014-17, the breakeven oil prices for offshore production had declined significantly. For instance, some of the North Sea fields’ oil production now breaks even at as low as USD 25 per barrel. During the forecast period, the offshore oil production cost is expected to further reduce, owing to technological development and focus on efficient operations. The oil prices are also forecasted to witness a substantial increase during the next five years. Hence, increasing oil prices and lower offshore production breakeven costs are expected to drive the offshore oil & gas activity. The offshore operations are complex in nature, and hence, require sophisticated equipment. As a result, the spending on rental equipment for offshore operations is significantly higher than for similar onshore operations. Therefore, the growing offshore activities is expected to have a substantial positive impact on the market during the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Lead the Market During the Forecast Period
The production in the two major fields in the US, Permian Basin of Texas and Gulf of Mexico has registered a CAGR of about 13.5% during the 2014-17 period. The US government has also announced that it plans to open almost all the US waters for exploration & production activities. Canada, with stability in oil prices, is expected to experience increasing investments in the oil & gas industry, allowing private players to explore some of its most prominent oil sand reserves. The growing production from existing fields and government policy to encourage upstream activity in the United States and expected growth of upstream industry in Canada are expected to drive the oil & gas activities, in turn, driving the oilfield equipment rental services market in the region.
Saudi Aramco’s Investment Plans to Drive the Market in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Aramco, the government-owned oil company, is responsible for all exploration, drilling, and production activities in Saudi Arabia. The company has planned to engage itself in oil exploration and development, to compensate for declining fields in the country. In July 2017, Saudi Aramco announced plans to invest USD 300 billion in the oil & gas sector over a decade. The investment is aimed at maintaining the status of Saudi Arabia as the global leader in oil production capacity. Saudi Aramco’s investment plans are expected to drive the oil & gas upstream activity in the country, which, in turn, is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: OLIO Resources Sdn Bhd and Tasman Oil Tools formed a joint venture, OLIO Tasman Oil Tools Sdn Bhd. The joint venture company will supply drilling rental tools, wellbore clean up, and pressure control solutions to oil & gas operators in Southeast Asian region.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future oilfield equipment rental services market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Policies & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intenisty of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Equipment
7.1.1 Drilling Rigs
7.1.2 Completion & Workover Rigs
7.1.3 Drilling Equipment
7.1.4 Logging Equipment
7.1.5 Pressure Pumping Equipment
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.1 United Kingdom
8.3.4 Rest of Europe
8.4 Middle East
8.4.1 Saudi Arabia
8.4.4 Rest of Middle East
8.5.4 Rest of Africa
8.6 South America
8.6.3 Rest of South America
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Halliburton Company
9.2 Schlumberger Ltd
9.5 Superior Energy Services Inc.
9.6 Precision Drilling Corporation
9.7 Parker Drilling
9.8 Basic Energy Services
9.9 Oil State International, Inc.
9.10 AOS Orwell Ltd
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- Halliburton Company
- Schlumberger Ltd
- Superior Energy Services Inc.
- Precision Drilling Corporation
- Parker Drilling
- Basic Energy Services
- Oil State International Inc.
- AOS Orwell Ltd