Demand from Electronics Industry Driving the Polyimide Films Market
Polyimide films are used widely in the electronics sector for applications including electrical wires, recording devices, and cables. The electronics sector is currently the largest segment of end-user industry. An increase in the demand, for polyimide films, from the electronics sector was witnessed due to their requirement in mobiles, computers, tablets, and other electronic devices. The growing demand for smartphones and laptops and technological advancements are expected to boost the market for polyimide films significantly during the forecast period.
Flexible Printed Circuit to Dominate the Polyimide Films Market
Polyimide films in the flexible printed circuits provide additional thickness, which is beneficial for the electronics and automotive industries. Flexible printed circuits are expected to have the highest demand for polyimide films during the forecast period. This is due to their large application base, mainly in mobile devices, computers, and next-generation flexible displays. Polyimide films are also used as base material for flexible printed wiring assembly since they offer better mechanical and thermal stability. This has made them useful in the aerospace sector, to provide thermal resistance in high heat application regions. They are also a vital component in the production of circuit boards. The increasing automotive production in countries, including China, India, Italy, and the United Kingdom, is further expected to boost the market for polyimide films, due to their requirement in electric wiring in vehicles.
Asia-Pacific Dominating the Polyimide Films Market
Asia-Pacific is expected to display the fastest growth in the polyimide films market over the forecast period. The expanding automotive and electrical industries in China and India, combined with infrastructural development is expected to drive the market in the region. Moreover, economic growth and increasing per capita income are some of the major factors that are triggering the growth of the polyimide films market in Asia-Pacific.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2016- FLEXcon Company Inc. launched a polyimide film under the brand name Thermlfilm HT 9000, which can be used to manufacture printed circulated boards.
Reason to purchase the Report
- To understand the impact of various product type on the market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- To understand the dominating product type and end-user industry in the market.
- To identify the countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Research Phases
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Polyimide Films Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Polyimide Films Market Dynamics
4.1 Polyimide Films Market Drivers
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Electronics Industry
4.1.2 Accelerating Usage in Automotive and Aerospace Industry
4.2 Polyimide Films Market Restraints
4.2.1 High Production Cost of Polyimide Films
4.3 Polyimide Films Market Opportunities
4.3.1 Rise in Demand of Transparent Polyimide Films
5. Polyimide Films Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 Polyimide Films Market By Application
5.1.1 Flexible Printed Circuit
5.1.2 Specialty Fabricated Product
5.1.3 Pressure Sensitive Tape
5.1.4 Wire and Cable
5.1.5 Motor and Generator
5.2 Polyimide Films Market By End-user Industry
6. Polyimide Films Market Regional Analysis
6.1 Asia-Pacific Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.1.1 China Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.1.2 India Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.1.3 Japan Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.1.4 South Korea Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.2.1 United States Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.2.2 Canada Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.2.3 Mexico Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3 Europe Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.3.1 Germany Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.3.2 United Kingdom Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.3.3 France Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.3.4 Italy Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.4.1 Brazil Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.4.2 Argentina Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.5.2 South Africa Polyimide Films Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Polyimide Films Market Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Polyimide Films Market Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & services, Recent Developments)
8.1 Anabond Limited
8.2 Arakawa Chemicals Industries Ltd
8.3 Du Pont-Toray Co., Ltd
8.4 Flexcon Company Inc.
8.5 I.S.T. Corporation
8.6 Kaneka Corporation
8.7 Kolon Industries, Inc.
8.8 Liyang Huajing Electronic Material Co., Ltd
8.10 Shinmax Technology, Ltd
8.11 Skckolonpi Co., Ltd
8.12 Suzhou Kying Industrial Materials Co., Ltd
8.13 Taimide Tech, Inc.
8.14 Tianjin Hengji International Trade Co., Ltd
8.15 UBE Industries Limited
8.16 Von Roll Holding AG
8.17 Yongkang Haotai Industry and Trade Co., Ltd
8.18 Yunda Electronic Materials Co., Ltd
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- Anabond Limited
- Arakawa Chemicals Industries Ltd
- Du Pont-Toray Co., Ltd
- Flexcon Company Inc.
- I.S.T. Corporation
- Kaneka Corporation
- Kolon Industries, Inc.
- Liyang Huajing Electronic Material Co., Ltd
- Shinmax Technology, Ltd
- Skckolonpi Co., Ltd
- Suzhou Kying Industrial Materials Co., Ltd
- Taimide Tech, Inc.
- Tianjin Hengji International Trade Co., Ltd
- UBE Industries Limited
- Von Roll Holding AG
- Yongkang Haotai Industry and Trade Co., Ltd
- Yunda Electronic Materials Co., Ltd