Increasing Awareness about Clean Energy is Driving the Market
Globally, the increasing awareness about clean energy is providing a huge impetus to alternate sources of energy. As per the Paris climate deal, the countries across the globe have committed to use clean energy sources and move away from conventional fuels which cause adverse effects on environment. The fuel cells can be used to bridge the demand supply gap of electricity caused by reduction in usage of conventional fuels. Furthermore, stringent environmental norms is likely to promulgate the demand for cleaner fuels, which in turn would drive the market for DMFCs.
Asia Pacific to have Highest Market Share
Asia Pacific region has highest share in DMFC market, owing to huge investments made in fuel cell technologies in countries, such as Japan, and South Korea. Japan and South Korea have planned to reduce the usage of nuclear energy thereby leading to increased opportunities for alternate power source, which in turn, is a big driver for DMFC. The Asia Pacific region offers immense market opportunities for DMFCs on account of widespread adoption of electric vehicles. The energy density of DMFC is much higher than that of batteries, which is likely to bolster its demand as clean fuel in transportation sector. The DMFCs can be used in electric vehicles in place of batteries and hence, offset the requirement of charging infrastructure.
United States to Dominate the Market Growth
The US is anticipated to dominate the market growth for DMFC on account of increased focus on deployment of clean energy solutions. The per capita emission of carbon dioxide in the US is very high and overall carbon dioxide emission is second, after China. The US government provide huge incentive to fuel cell technology and according to the Department of Energy (DOE), the fuel cell technology will be cost competitive with other options by 2018. This, in turn, is likely to surge the market growth for DMFCs in the US at a rapid rate.
The Major Players include - Samsung SDI, Fujikura Limited, Ballard Power Systems Inc., Oorja Protonics Inc. amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future direct methanol fuel cell market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitutes
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 By Application
7.2 By Component
7.2.3 Balance of System
7.2.4 Balance of Stack
8. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.2 United Kingdom
8.2.3 Rest of Europe
8.3.2 South Korea
8.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 Rest of World
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
9.1 Samsung SDI
9.2 Fujikura Limited
9.3 Ballard Power Systems Inc.
9.4 Oorja Protonics Inc.
9.5 Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
9.6 Meoh Power, Inc.
9.7 SFC Energy AG
9.8 Viaspace Inc.
9.9 Antig Technology Co. Ltd.
9.10 Bren-Tronics Incorporated
9.11 Treadstone Technologies Inc.
9.12 Viaspace Inc.
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- Samsung SDI
- Fujikura Limited
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- Oorja Protonics Inc.
- Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
- Meoh Power Inc.
- SFC Energy AG
- Viaspace Inc.
- Antig Technology Co. Ltd.
- Bren-Tronics Incorporated
- Treadstone Technologies Inc.
- Viaspace Inc