In the fast-paced world of Senior Business Executives, fast access to up-to-date market trends and comprehensible data is essential. The Mono-Ethylene Glycol Market Research Report is the perfect tool to facilitate your understanding of market dynamics and growth patterns, leading to informed business decisions. From short term market drivers, such as the growing demand for PET in the packaging sector to market restrictions like the fluctuation of raw material prices, this report offers an analysis of key data points.
Additionally, this comprehensive report outlines emerging opportunities in the mono-ethylene glycol market, such as the increased popularity of bio-based MEG materials. It also gives particular focus on geographical trends, highlighting the estimated growth of the Asia-Pacific region. Moreover, the dominant role of the textile sector, one of the primary end-users of mono-ethylene glycol, is analysed in great detail. Avail this insightful report now to stay ahead of your competition, achieve your strategic business objectives, and make data-driven decisions for the future.
Due to the COVID-19 spread, major economies imposed lockdowns globally, which impacted most industries, and refineries went non-operational following regulations and rules. There was a decline in the demand for mono ethylene glycol (MEG) due to the dip in the production and various derivatives and end product demand. However, the market is growing steadily, owing to increased automotive, textile, and other activities in 2021.
- Over the short term, the growing demand for PET in the packaging sector is a significant factor driving the growth of the mono-ethylene glycol market.
- On the flip side, the fluctuation in raw material prices due to volatility in crude oil prices can restrict market growth.
- Nevertheless, the increased popularity of bio-based MEG materials will likely create lucrative growth opportunities for the global market soon.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness healthy growth in the momo-ethylene glycol market over the assessment period.
Mono-ethylene Glycol Market Trends
Textile Sector to Dominate the Market
- Textile is a primary end-user industry for mono-ethylene glycol, as the derivatives synthesize a wide variety of polyester fibers.
- The global production volume of textile fibers reached volume of 113,600 thousand metric tons in 2021 and registered a growth of 4.8% compared to 108,300 thousand metric tons in 2020.
- India, China, and the United States represent major textile manufacturing countries in the world. With growing investments and improved infrastructure facilities, the demand from the sector is likely to increase in the forecast period.
- According to the IBEF, in India, exports of textiles and apparel, including handicrafts, totaled USD 29.8 billion from April to December 2021, up from USD 21.2 billion in the same period last year, thus registering a robust 41% increase over the previous year. Furthermore, favorable demographics and a shift in preference for branded products are expected to boost demand for the textile sector, thus boosting the mono-ethylene glycol market.
- The United States is among the key countries in exports of textile-related products. In 2021, US Fiber, textile, and apparel exports combined were USD 28.4 billion, and the value of shipments for textiles and apparel was USD 65.2 billion, according to the National Council of Textile Organizations report.
- Thus, the abovementioned factors are expected to significantly impact market growth during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. With growing, textile and automotive activities and the increasing demand for mono-ethylene in countries such as China, India, and Japan, the need for mono-ethylene is increasing in the region.
- China is one of the largest global consumers of mono-ethylene glycol and its derived polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The abundant raw materials availability and low-cost production supported the region’s production growth.
- China is a significant PET resin producer, home to companies such as PetroChina Group and Jiangsu Sangfangxiang, among the most prominent manufacturers globally in terms of volume, with capacities of more than 2 million tons. Thus, the rising demand for PET from end-user industries is driving the need for mono-ethylene glycol.
- China’s textile sector is one of its major sectors, and the country is the largest clothing exporter in the world. China’s textile industry grew steadily during the first nine months of 2021 with collective profits worth CNY 171.1 billion (~ USD 26.80 billion), a 31.7% year-on-year (YoY) increase, according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT).
- According to the Chemical and Petrochemicals Manufacturers Association, India, in FY2020-21, the annual capacity of MEG stood at 2,215 KT, with production amounting to almost 2000 KT.
- Also, the region is the largest automotive manufacturing hub. According to OICA, in 2021, the total production of vehicles stood at 46,732,785 units, which was an increase of 6% compared to the same period last year.
- Thus, the factors mentioned above are expected to boost the mono-ethylene glycol demand through the forecast period in the region.
Mono-ethylene Glycol Market Competitor AnalysisThe mono-ethylene glycol market is partially fragmented in nature. Major players (not in any particular order) include Nouryon, BASF SE, Dow, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV, and Shell PLC.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for PET in the Packaging Sector
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Fluctuation in Raw Material Prices
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Trade Analysis
4.6 Price Trends
4.7 Technological Snapshot
4.8 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1.1 Polyester Fiber
5.1.2 PET Bottle
5.1.3 PET Film
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.4 Automotive and Transportation
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries (Electronics, Paints)
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.4 India Glycols Limited
6.4.6 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
6.4.7 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
6.4.8 Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
6.4.9 Reliance Industries Limited
6.4.10 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increased Popularity of Bio-based MEG Materials
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- BASF SE
- India Glycols Limited
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC