Along with a quest to reduce oil import bill and to become self-sustained by promoting domestic oil production, the countries in the Asia-Pacific region have a rising demand for offshore helicopter fleet used for regional search and rescue (SAR) and emergency medical services (EMS). Moreover, the depleting fleet of old aircrafts in the region and the rising airspace safety regulations offers a promising market for the OEMs to provide their modern fleet of aircrafts.
Offshore Wind Development offers Significant Opportunities
After years of developing onshore wind power, wind farm development in Asia-Pacific region is expected to move towards offshore areas. Several countries, including Mainland China, are focusing on developing offshore wind power, which is expected to stimulate new growth in the offshore helicopter market. The burgeoning offshore wind farm industry, wherein wind farm operators and national authorities are still in the process of crafting and implementing regulations, is expected to create an attractive market for offshore helicopters.
Recovery in Crude Oil Prices to Have a Positive Impact on Fleet Count
In 2016, the offshore helicopter fleet count declined by 25%. However, with the recovery in crude oil price, the fleet count increased by 2.9% in the region, with China being the fastest developing market in the region, registering 14.7% y-o-y fleet growth in 2017. Other countries, such as Australia, India, Malaysia, and Indonesia have also witnessed significant increase in the fleet count. Moreover, with the recovery of oil prices to sustainable levels coupled with increased spending for offshore project development and maintenance activities, especially in the deep-water exploration and production (E&P) operations, the offshore helicopter services are expected to grow substantially during the forecast period.
From the demand-side perspective, the demand for oil is expected to double by 2050, primarily driven by developing economies in the Asia-Pacific regions. Hence, the above developments in the offshore oil & gas industry are expected to have a positive impact on the offshore helicopter services market.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018: Thai Aviation Services signed a multi-year contract under which the company has started conducting their S-92 helicopter simulator training at the CAE Brunei Multi-Purpose Training Centre (MPTC). Thai Aviation Services, based in Bangkok, operates a fleet of S-92 helicopters used primarily for offshore oil & gas operations in the Gulf of Thailand.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Asia-Pacific offshore helicopters market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Policies & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4 Threat of Substitutes
5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
6.1 By Type
6.1.2 Medium & Heavy
7. Regional Market Analysis (Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
8.1 Service Providers
8.1.1 Bristow Group Inc
8.1.2 CHC Group Ltd
8.1.3 Era Group Inc
8.1.4 PHI, Inc.
8.2.1 Airbus Group SE
8.2.2 Leonardo SpA
8.2.3 Textron Inc.
8.2.4 Lockheed Martin Corporation
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
9.3 Market Share Analysis
9.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
*List not Exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain