High Demand from the Cosmetics Industry
- The growing applications of natural and organic products is boosting the use of wax in personal care and cosmetics. After the candle-making industry, the cosmetics industry is becoming the most promising end-user segment for global wax market due to gaining popularity of cosmetics industry in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. The global cosmetics industry is significantly augmented by product innovations and the rise of e-commerce, and is expected to exhibit high growth rates, which in turn is expected to ignite the global wax market in the coming years.
The petroleum & mineral wax segment holds the largest share of the global waxes market in 2017. More than 70% of the global wax production happens through the petroleum and mineral sources. The petroleum & mineral wax segments are further segmented into paraffin wax, microcrystalline wax, and others. Paraffin wax is the largest sub-segment in this segment, due to widespread applications, like candle, packaging, thermostat, and distillation industries.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is the major regional shareholder of the global wax market, due to the concentration of dominant petroleum wax producing refineries in countries, like China and India. Furthermore, natural wax production in Malaysia positioned Asia-Pacific as the leading global producer in the natural wax market. The substantial rise in demand from major end-user segments, like candles, packaging, and cosmetics, is expected to further concrete the position of Asia-Pacific in the global wax market, in the coming years.
Key Developments in the Market
February 2018: Sasol completed its USD 1.1 billion FT Wax Expansion Project (FTWEP) and successfully commissioned Phase 2 of wax expansion plant.
April 2017: Sinopec (China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation) agreed to acquire BP PLC’s 50% stake in SECCO for USD 1.68 billion.
Major Players: Sasol, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc., BP PLC, Sinopec (China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation), and China National Petroleum Corporation, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Identify the current and future prospects of the global waxes market in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- The region that is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Technological Snapshot
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 High Demand from the Cosmetics Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Use of Scented and Decorative Luxury Candles across the Globe
4.1.3 Shifting Focus toward Synthetic and Vegetable Waxes
4.2.1 Discontinuation and Closure of Group I Base Oil Refineries
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Upcoming Gas to Liquid (GTL) Refineries in various Regions, including North America and Europe
4.3.2 Increasing Use of Mineral Wax in Rubber Production
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, & Forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Petroleum & Mineral Wax
188.8.131.52 Microcrystalline Wax
5.1.2 Synthetic Wax
184.108.40.206 Polymer Wax
220.127.116.11 GTL Wax
5.1.3 Natural Wax
18.104.22.168 Vegetable Wax
22.214.171.124 Animal and Insect Wax
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.3 Candle Making
6. Regional Analysis (Market Size, Growth, & Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Nordic Countries
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
9.1 BP PLC
9.2 Calumet Specialty Products Partners L.P
9.4 China National Petroleum Corporation
9.5 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
9.6 Eni SpA
9.7 Exxon Mobil Corporation
9.8 H&R Group
9.9 Ilumina Wax d.o.o.
9.10 Marathon Oil Company
9.12 Nippon Siero Co. Ltd
9.14 Petro‐Canada Lubricants Inc.
9.15 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
9.17 The International Group Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- BP p.l.c
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
- Eni S.p.A.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- H&R Group
- Ilumina Wax d.o.o.
- Marathon Oil Company
- Nippon Siero Co.,Ltd.
- Petro‐Canada Lubricants Inc.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- The International Group Inc.