The global food antimicrobial additives market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Antimicrobial agents refer to all agents that act against microbial organisms; they either kill or retard the growth of microorganisms, thereby maintaining the overall hygiene of food production areas and safety of the final food products.
Antimicrobial Additives - Maintaining the Intactness of Food Products
The global food antimicrobial additives market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. The market is segmented based on the antimicrobial types, application, and geography. Based on the antimicrobial types, the market is further segmented into benzoates, sorbates, propionates, lactates, nitrites, acetates, and others. A variety of “food antimicrobial agents,” including antifungals, sanitizers, and beneficial microorganisms and their inhibitory metabolic products, are intensively utilized in the food production and manufacturing process to improve the efficiency of the system and increase the safety and quality of the product.
Based on the application, the market comprises of bakery, beverages, dairy, meat, and others. The animal-based products are highly perishable and are prone to microbial contamination throughout the supply chain. This class of food products witness high usage of food antimicrobials for maintaining the overall safety and for increasing the keeping quality.
Animal-based Processed Products - Driving the Growth of Food Antimicrobials
There is a growing demand for protein-based diets among the younger population. Hence, due to wider availability, affordability and convenience, the animal-based products, both in processed and unprocessed forms, have witnessed exponential sales, particularly from the emerging markets. Since the animal-based products are highly perishable due to their high initial microbial load, it becomes imperative to incorporate various antimicrobial agents in order to maintain these products at desirable levels of micro flora at each point in the supply chain.
Antimicrobials - Making Possible, the Year-Round Availability of Exotic and Seasonal Foods
The food trade has increasingly become global. Consumers nowadays are demanding exotic and seasonal foods throughout the year, and this has been made possible due to innovative food processing techniques, robust food packaging systems, and different food additives, amongst which antimicrobials play a crucial role in maintaining the overall keeping quality. Antimicrobials are one type of food preservatives (the other is antioxidants) added to food products as a synergistic components of the “multiple hurdle approach” to microbial control.
Asia-Pacific and South America to be the Fastest-growing Markets for Food Antimicrobials
Asia-Pacific and South America are projected to grow above the global average owing to the rapid emergence of food processing industries in the wake of rising urbanization, increased discretionary spending on food products, and growing consumer awareness regarding safe and high quality eatables. Countries, such as China, India, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina, etc. in these two regions are projected to achieve exponential growth owing to rapid end-user industries growth.
- August 2017: Corbion launched a new clean label antimicrobial for meat mold inhibition based on the ingredients like vinegar, ferment blend, citrus flour and natural flavor.
- June 2017: Arjuna Natural Extracts expended its operation in the United States by launching “clean-label” preservatives line based on botanical extracts.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trend
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Awareness about Safety and Quality of the Product
4.1.2 Rising Incidences of Food Spoilage and Contamination
4.2.1 Health Risks Associated with Synthentic Antimicrobials
4.2.2 Growing Demand for Natural Antimicrobials
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Antimicrobial Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.4 Meat and meat products
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 BASF SE
7.3 Sanitized AG
7.7 Milliken Chemical
7.9 Dunmore Corporation
7.10 Linpac Senior Holdings Limited
7.11 Microban International
7.12 Mondi PLC