Peru PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
The north western region of Peru is the best performing region. Lima district, Piura and La Libertad together generated 56.75% of Peru’s total GDP and comprised 46.72% of the population in 2018.
Overall services contributed (58.2%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing, and utilities (27%) and construction (7.5%).
The declining trend of the index is evidence of the deceleration of the country’s economic activity. The index declined from 19,242.27 on September 4, 2019, to 18,485.97 on September 3, 2020.
- Peru has outlined a set of infrastructure projects via public-private partnerships worth US$2.34bn until mid-2021.
- According to the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Peru deteriorated over the last two years with a decline in rank from 69th in 2016 to 83rd in 2018.
Reasons to Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations.
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country's GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did You Know?
- Country Highlights
- COVID-19 Impact
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
Exhibit 1: Peru's Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Latin America and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: SP/BVL PERU General Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI stock (2015-2018) and FDI by sector (2015-2018)
Exhibit 7: FDI by country (2015-2018) and share of FDI by country (2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2019)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2015-2019)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (% of GDP) (2015-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2019
Exhibit 14: Total Ores, Slag and Ash, % of World Total, 2019
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (Jan 2015-June 2020)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 17: Net Government Lending/Borrowing (% of GDP) (2015-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2015-2019)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, (2015-2019)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2019
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per mn population, 2019
Exhibit 27: High Technology Exports (% of Total Manufacturing Exports) (2019 or latest available data)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Peru 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2019
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2015-2019)