This study focuses on evaluating the market size and the growth opportunities for North American low-voltage dry-type (LVDT) distribution transformers. It specifically evaluates the prospects for 2 types of single- and three-phase LVDTs, namely, cast resin and vacuum pressure impregnated transformers in the United States and Canada. These types of LVDTs are predominantly installed indoors and have an input voltage of less than or equal to 600V and range in size from 15 to 333kVA for single phase and 15 to 1,000kVA for three-phase equipment. The market is mature with approximately 50 vendors that offer solutions in the low-voltage electrical power network space. As this is a mature market, it is expected to grow at a nominal CAGR of 4.2% between 2017 and 2024. Prominent suppliers include Eaton, Hammond Power Systems, Schneider Electric, ABB, and Siemens. The study evaluates some of the key competitive factors many manufacturers use to highlight their value proposition, including product specification and reliability, price, and shipment time.
In terms of growth drivers, there is a strong push to improve energy efficiency, which will dictate future activities in this space. Data centers are among the highest energy-intensive industries, and they account for almost 2% of all the energy consumed in the United States. The study also takes a look at how the 2016 Department of Energy’s (DoE) mandates for higher energy efficiency for transformers will have an impact on the LVDT distribution transformers sold in North America. It also investigates the impact of volatile commodity prices on the manufacturing capacity of various OEMs.
Finally, to aggressively expand and grow, the report examines the opportunities companies have to leverage in terms of strategic mergers and acquisitions and value-added services.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What is the current status and the immediate and future prospects of the North American LVDT distribution transformer market?
- What are the key growth opportunities likely to help market participants stay relevant? What should a transformer manufacturer’s call to action be?
- What is the potential market size estimated to be in 2024? What are the key factors that will drive the market to continue to stay relevant until 2024?
- At present, which is the most exciting application type in the market? Which application will continue to reap benefits in 2024?
- What are the major restraining factors hindering business development opportunities for transformer system manufacturers?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
2. Market Overview
- Product Scope and Definitions
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Segmentation
- Market Overview
3. Market Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
4. Forecasts and Trends
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast by Country
- Revenue Forecast by Power Rating
- Revenue Forecast by Transformer Type
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Construction and Retrofit Trends
- Price Analysis
- Key Product Trends
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Competitor Environment
- Competitive Environment
- Competitive Factors and Assessment
- Schneider Electric
- Hammond Power Solutions
- ABB Transformers
6. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity-Investment / M&A
- Growth Opportunity-Value-add Services
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
7. The Last Word
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
- General Transformer Categories
- LVDT Distribution Transformers
- Regulatory Compliance to Improve Energy Efficiency Levels
- Top 10 Upcoming Medical Facilities in North America
- Other LVDT Distribution Transformer Manufacturers