Growing Demand for Greater Safety and Security
The growing demand for greater safety & security is one of the major drivers for the aramid prepreg market. Recently, with increasing urbanization, there has been an increase in accidents and attacks using fire. This is leading to an increase in the demand for protective suits for police, firefighting, and army personnel. In addition, there are several unmet needs in various segments of the flame and fire-resistant clothing and other materials. Aramid prepregs are used in protective clothing in industries, in sports, and for protection personnel. The fibers used in clothing give it several characteristics such as strength, light-weight, cut resistance, and high energy absorption. Furthermore, increase in security in regions across the world due to an increase in terrorist activities has also led to an upward demand for these fibers in military protection. Therefore, increase in the need for safety & security is expected to drive the demand for aramid prepreg market over the forecast period.
Para-Aramid to Dominate the Market
Para-aramids provide unique combinations of toughness, enhanced high tenacity and modulus of elasticity, as well as exceptional thermal stability. Therefore, the end-uses of para-aramids cover a broad range of industrial, aerospace, military, and civilian applications, which include ballistic apparel, hard armors, brake & transmission friction parts, reinforced tires & rubber goods, ropes & cables, various forms of composites, filament wound pressure vessels, industrial gloves, circuit board reinforcements, etc. These prepregs, if used in the content ratio of 5-25%, give better results in terms of heat penetration resistance, abrasion resistance, and UV resistance. Due to the increase in the demand for security, protection, and aerospace applications, para-aramid fibers is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
Aerospace & Defense to Dominate the Market
Aramid prepregs are used for the components that are subjected to high stress in the aerospace & defense industry, due to their beneficial properties. The global aerospace & defense sector is expected to show a strong growth in the forecast period. The stable GDP growth, relatively strong passenger travel demands, and lower commodity prices are driving the growth of the aerospace industry in the many regions, such as Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
The defense sector is expected to grow at a much faster rate in comparison to the aerospace. The rising political instability and tension have caused an increase in the demand for defense & military equipment around the world. China is one of the world leaders in arms manufacturing and a leading exporter of defense products. Furthermore, the Middle-East, Europe, North Korea, and India are also increasing their expenditure in the defense sector. Hence, the increased emphasis on aerospace & defense sector across these regions is expected to enhance the growth of the global aramid prepreg market over the forecast market.
Notable Developments in the Market
- October 2017: Hexcel Corporation completed the acquisition of Structil SA, a French manufacturer and supplier of high-performance composites to the aerospace, defense, and industrial markets.
- December 2017: Hexcel acquired the Oxford Performance Material’s aerospace & defense business.
Reasons to purchase this report
- Market analysis for the global aramid prepreg market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition, along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market, on a global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section, with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global automotive adhesives and sealants market on global and regional scales
- A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which the industry is growing and to identify the regions that are still untapped.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Scope of the Report
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Raw Material Analysis
3.4 Patent Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Demand for Greater Safety and Security
4.1.2 Growing Need for Fuel Efficiency & Increasing Automotive Production
4.1.3 Increasing Demand from the Aerospace and Defense sectors
4.2.1 High Cost of Production and Investment in R&D
4.2.2 Other Constraints
4.3.1 Substitution of Asbestos
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Aerospace & Defence
5.2.3 Electronics & Telecommunications
5.2.4 Sporting Goods
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 The Middle-East & Africa
6.5.1 South Africa
6.5.2 Saudi Arabia
6.5.4 Rest of Middle east & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
9.1 ACP Composites
9.2 Axiom Materials
9.3 Composite Holding Company
9.5 Hexcel Corporation
9.6 Mitsubishi Rayon Co, Ltd.
9.7 Park Electrochemical Corp.
9.8 Toray Industries Inc.
9.9 Ventec USA
9.10 Zyvex Technologies
* List not Exhaustive
** Subject to availability on public Domain