Increased awareness regarding safety has created a demand for advanced safety features in vehicles and technological advancements like the ABS, CBS etc. have been the major drivers behind the growth of brake industry. As brakes are continuously subjected to heat, friction etc., wear and tear is inevitable. To increase the life of brake pads, advancements in materials have also played a vital role in the growth of the market.
Drum brakes have become obsolete in passenger cars as they were earlier used for the rear wheels for cost reduction. But now, drum brakes have completely moved to only commercial vehicles and the demand for drum brakes is completely related to the commercial vehicle sales. European countries were the fastest to grow in terms of commercial vehicles sales around the world of which Iceland, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands, Portugal and UK registered double digits growth rate since 2012. US also registered a healthy CAGR of 9.9% accounting to about 45% of the global commercial vehicle sales. Mexico is the fastest growing country in North America in terms of CV sales due to the increase in logistic services in the country.
The presence of major players and high initial investment cost are expected to restrict the entry of new market players. Automobile manufacturers enter long term service agreements (Ex: BMW-Federal Mogul) with component vendors, hence, it may be difficult for new players to become partners and win new agreements. Automobile manufacturers ought not to shift to new players due to quality, reliability, cost, and lead-time concerns.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2018: Continental AG has introduced the third generation of the anti-lock braking system (ABS3) now responds with even greater speed and precision thanks to enhanced brake pressure control.
- July 2017: Continental acquired Singapore based mobility intelligence provider Quantum Inventions, to improve its sales through mobility services by 2022.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis on the product type that is expected to dominate the market
- Detailed analysis on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your need.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Rise in Global Demand for Commercial Vehicles
5.1.2 Increased Awareness regarding Vehicle Safety
5.2.1 Longer Replacement Cycle
5.3.1 Mechanization in Agricultural Sector Rising Demand for Vehicles
6. Global Automotive Brake Systems Market, By Product Type
6.1 Disc Brakes
6.2 Drum Brakes
7. Global Automotive Brake System Market, By Brake Pad Material Type
7.1 Semi-Metallic type
7.2 Metallic type
7.3 Ceramic type
8. Global Automotive Brake Systems Market, By Sales Channel
9. Global Automotive Brake Systems Market, By Vehicle Type
9.1 Passenger cars
9.2 Light Commercial Vehicles
9.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicles
10. Global Automotive Brake Systems Market, By Geography
10.1 North America
10.1.1 United States
10.1.4 Rest of the North America
10.2.2 United Kingdom
10.2.6 Rest of the Europe
10.3.4 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
10.4 South America
10.4.3 Rest of the South America
10.5 Middle East & Africa
10.5.2 South Africa
10.5.3 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
11. Competitive Landscape
11.2 Market Share Analysis
12. Company Profiles
12.1 Akebono Brake Industry Co.
12.2 Brembo S.p.A
12.3 Carlisle Brakes and Friction
12.4 Continental AG
12.5 Disc Brakes Australia (DBA)
12.6 Aptiv Plc (Delphi)
12.7 Federal-Mogul Holding Co.
12.8 Hella Pagid GmbH
12.9 PFC brakes
12.10 TVS brake linings Co.
12.11 ZF TRW Co.
13. Future Outlook
- Akebono Brake Industry Co.
- Brembo S.p.A
- Carlisle Brakes and Friction
- Continental AG
- Disc Brakes Australia (DBA)
- Aptiv Plc (Delphi)
- Federal-Mogul Holding Co.
- Hella Pagid GmbH
- PFC brakes
- TVS brake linings Co.
- ZF TRW Co.