The powder coatings are based on polymer resin systems; combined with curatives, pigments, leveling agents, flow modifiers, and other additives. These ingredients are melted, mixed, cooled, and ground into a uniform powder, similar to baking flour. The powder offers benefits, such as superior durability, scratch resistance, gloss retention, and resistance to chalking. The powder is mainly used for applications on metal parts that are exposed to extreme weather conditions. Powder coatings are cost-efficient, as they do not contain solvents and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). In addition, over-sprayed powder coating can be retrieved and recycled for use, thereby reducing the cost.
Accelerating Automotive Production in Asia-Pacific and Europe
The global automotive production has increased from 90 billion units in 2015 to about 95 billion units in 2016, with maximum production occurring in Asia-Pacific and Europe. The automotive industry is growing at a rapid pace in the Asia-Pacific region. China, India and Indonesia are some of the major countries involved in the production of cars & commercial vehicles. In Europe, France, Czech Republic, Italy, Spain, and Sweden, have seen good growth in the automotive production, which, in turn, is likely to increase the consumption of powder coatings. The accelerating automotive production, coupled with the growing OEM market is expected to drive the usage of powder coatings during the forecast period.
Architectural & Decorative to Witness the Fastest Growth
The powder coating is increasingly becoming an attractive choice for builders and architects around the world, owing to stringent verification processes by the government for VOC emissions. Furthermore, powder coatings are formulated with specifications, which helps to provide long-term appearance and corrosion resistivity. The growing construction market is expected to drive the demand for powder coatings in the architectural & decorative segment during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market:
- June 2017: Hempel established a new R&D facility solely focused on passive fire protection (PFP) coatings near Barcelona, Spain. The center is likely to be fully functional by the end of 2018.
- January 2017: PPG completed the acquisition of DEUTEK SA, a leading Romanian paint and architectural coatings manufacturer, from the Emerging Europe Accession Fund.
Reasons to purchase this report
- Current and future global powder coatings market in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, to ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Strict Regulation against VOC Emissions and Favorable Government Initiatives promoting the Usage of Powder Coatings
4.1.2 Accelerating Automotive Production in Asia-Pacific and Europe
4.2.1 Limited Application Base
4.2.2 Increasing Raw Material Costs
4.3.1 Planned Investments in Automotive Production in MEA
4.3.2 Growing Investments in Infrastructure & Construction Industry in Emerging Economies
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Resin Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.1 Architectural & Decorative
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 ASEAN Countries
6.1.6 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of the North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of the Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of the South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.4 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
9.1 Alpha Coating Technologies
9.3 Asian Paints Limited
9.4 Axalta Coating Systems
9.5 BASF SE
9.6 Benjamin Moore & Co
9.7 Berger Paints India Limited
9.9 IGP Pulvertechnik AG
9.11 Kansai Paint Co., Ltd.
9.12 Manifa Paints and Powder Coatings Co. Ltd.
9.13 Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
9.14 PPG Industries
9.15 Protech Powder Coatings Inc
9.16 RPM International Inc.
9.17 Sak Coat
9.18 TCI Powder Coatings
9.19 The Sherwin-Williams Company
9.20 United Coatings Industries
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- Alpha Coating Technologies
- Asian Paints Limited
- Axalta Coating Systems
- BASF SE
- Benjamin Moore & Co
- Berger Paints India Limited
- IGP Pulvertechnik AG
- Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
- Manifa Paints and Powder Coatings Co. Ltd.
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd.
- PPG Industries
- Protech Powder Coatings Inc
- RPM International Inc.
- Sak Coat
- TCI Powder Coatings
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- United Coatings Industries