Newly constructed and modernized airport terminals will be equipped with modern passenger screening systems, which is expected to drive the screening systems market. With the increased terrorist threats faced worldwide, airport terminals have come up with advanced solutions for passenger and luggage security. The increasing number of air passengers and the growing security threats are expected to increase the demand for the airport passenger screening systems.
Establishment of New Airports and the Expansion of Existing Projects is Expected to Drive the Market
The growth in middle-class population in the developing regions such as China and India have led to an increase in the air passenger traffic, and this trend is expected to continue in the near future. Furthermore, in order to handle the growth in the air traffic, many airports in different parts of the world have been undergoing expansions which has led to an increase in the demand for passenger screening systems from the airports. Countries which are a part of the Gulf Cooperation Council are in the midst of expanding their airports owing to the fact that the region comprises few of the busiest airports. The growth in the air traffic will shall provide seamless travel experience to the passengers. Additionally, India under its regional connectivity scheme has envisaged developing the underserved and unserved airports to boost domestic air travel. The Heathrow airport in London, the busiest in the European continent is undergoing expansion. The construction of both Greenfield and Brownfield airports across the world is expected to drive the demand for such systems.
Asia-Pacific Region is the Fastest Growing Market for Airport Passenger Screening Systems
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market for passenger screening systems, and its market share is set to increase during the forecast period. The market growth in the region would be backed by growth in traffic and improving infrastructure, especially in emerging economies such as India, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
- March 2018: Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport introduced L-3 Security & Detection System’s 3D-technology to enhance screening capabilities at its checkpoints. The system is designed to scan electronic devices in the luggage without passengers needing to remove them from their bags at the checkpoint.
- June 2017: Changi Airport Group have announced that it is currently in the process of conducting trials at two boarding gates on terminal 3 in order to improve efficiency as at the screening checkpoints. The new airport passenger screening technologies shall help to reduce the waiting time for the passengers.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses how the jet fuel price will impact the airport passenger screening system market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
3.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Security Concerns owing to growth in terrorism
4.2.1 Present technologies not updated to provide protection from global threats
4.3.1 Increasing Passenger Traffic and the resultant expansion of Airports
5. Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market, Segmented by type
5.1 Metal Detectors
5.2 Full Body Scanners
5.3 Advanced Imaging Technologies
6. Airport Passenger Screening Systems Market, Segmented by Geography
6.1 North America
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.5 Africa & Middle-East
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.3 South Africa
6.5.5 Rest of Africa & Middle-East
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2 Market Structure & Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Analogic Corporation
8.3 Cobalt Light Systems
8.4 Garrett Metal Detectors
8.5 Ketech Systems Ltd.
8.6 Kromek Group PLC.
8.7 L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc.
8.8 Morpho Detection Inc.
8.9 Optosecurity Inc.
8.10 Rapiscan System Ltd.
8.11 Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc.
8.12 Smiths Detection
9. Future Outlook of the Market
- Analogic Corporation
- Cobalt Light Systems
- Garrett Metal Detectors
- Ketech Systems Ltd.
- Kromek Group PLC.
- L-3 Security & Detection Systems Inc.
- Morpho Detection Inc.
- Optosecurity Inc.
- Rapiscan System Ltd.
- Reveal Imaging Technologies Inc.
- Smiths Detection