The bioceramics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The major factors driving the growth of market studied are the growing demand from biocompatible materials, increase in ageing population leading to increase in spinal and ortho-biological surgeries, increasing usage in dental care, and increasing usage for replacing diseased hard tissues of the body. On the flipside, stringent clinical and regulatory processes is hampering the growth of the studied market.
- Orthopedics segment dominated the market and is likely to grow during the forecast period, with growing income of population, and patient inclination towards curing health problems, including the aging population facing joint problems.
- The possible usage as treatment for cancer and development of new methods to produce customized nano-ceramics are likely to provide opportunities for the studied market during the forecast period.
- Europe dominated the market across the globe, where the growth of the studied market is driven by the growing demand for dental application, and increasing lifestyle-related chronic diseases are further driving the demand for bioceramics market in the region.
Key Market Trends
Orthopedics Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- Orthopedics segment dominates the demand for bioceramics across the globe, owing to its importance in replacing and repairing hip joints, knees, and other bones.
- Owing to its anti-microbial properties, resistance to acid and base solution, change in pH value, as well as high temperature, bioceramics are widely popular for use in orthopedic applications.
- In India, under the Union Budget 2021-22, the government outlaid USD 227.94 million for biotechnology research and development which will give a major boost to the orthopedics segment.
- With growth in aging population, majorly in countries such as Japan, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Portugal, and others, joint & bone related health problems have increased among the population. Technological advancement and growing income-levels of the population has made it possible for such aged population to replace & repair joints through surgery to facilitate comfort. This has been increasing the demand for bioceramics for orthopedic applications.
- Besides, cases of chronic diseases and accidents leading to fractures are also increasing the demand for bioceramics for medical industry.
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe accounts for more than 40% of the global demand for bioceramics. With the growing age, the medical assistance need is increasing healthcare spending in countries such as Italy, Germany, Portugal, Finland, Greece, Sweden, France, Denmark, and others.
- The demand for bioceramics in such countries is driven by the growing treatments related to dental, bone, and other lifestyle-related chronic diseases.
- In Scotland, for children aged under 18, in 2020/21, the number of General Dentistry Surgery (GDS) courses of treatment given to children in Scotland was just over 113,000, a decrease of over 357,000 (75.9%) from 2019/20. This decrease is due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Similarly, for adults aged 18 and over, in 2020/21, the number of courses of treatment authorised was just over 966,000, a decrease of over 3 million (76.5%) from 2019/20.
- Besides Europe, North America stands to be the fastest growing market for bioceramics owing to increasing healthcare spending at a noticeable rate, with increased health concerns among the population.
- Moreover, Europe and North American market stand to be the leaders in the manufacturing of bioceramics used for hard tissue replacements. Companies in these regions are also engaged in continuous research and development activities in the field of healthcare, including research related to heart tissue replacement technologies and methods.
The bioceramics market is a consolidated market, where few players account for significant share of the market demand. Some of the major players in the market include (not in any particular order) CoorsTek Inc., Kyocera Corp., CeramTec, Morgan Advanced Materials, and DSM Company, amongst others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
1.2 Scope of the Study
4.1.1 Increasing Usage in Dental Care
4.1.2 Increase in Ageing Population Leading to Increase in Spinal and Ortho-biological Surgeries
4.2.1 Stringent Clinical and Regulatory Processes
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Aluminum Oxide
5.1.2 Zirconium Oxide
5.1.3 Calcium Phosphate
5.1.4 Calcium Sulphate
5.3.2 Dental Care
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share (%) **/Rank Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Amedica Corporation
6.4.2 Bonesupport AB
6.4.3 Cam Bioceramics B.V.
6.4.4 Carborundum Universal Ltd
6.4.6 Collagen Matrix
6.4.7 CoorsTek Inc.
6.4.9 Dentsply Sirona
6.4.10 Doceram Medical Ceramics GmbH
6.4.11 GNI Group Ltd
6.4.12 Ivoclar Vivadent
6.4.13 Jyoti Ceramic Industries Pvt. Ltd
6.4.14 Kyocera Corporation
6.4.15 Morgan Advanced Materials
6.4.17 DSM Company
6.4.18 Tosoh Corporation
7.2 Developing Methods to Produce Customized Nano-Ceramics
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Amedica Corporation
- Bonesupport AB
- Cam Bioceramics B.V.
- Carborundum Universal Ltd
- Collagen Matrix
- CoorsTek Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- Doceram Medical Ceramics GmbH
- GNI Group Ltd
- Ivoclar Vivadent
- Jyoti Ceramic Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Kyocera Corporation
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- DSM Company
- Tosoh Corporation