In the fast-paced, globalized world of modern times, success for senior business executives often hinges on possessing the most up-to-date and concrete insights. The Construction Chemicals Market is a dynamic and evolving entity, driven by factors such as growing construction activities, rising demand for water-based products, and a focus on sustainable materials, amongst others.
Accurate market intelligence is imperative, if businesses wish to maintain an edge over their competition. Our market research report is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the Construction Chemicals Market, enhanced by an intricate examination of trends and drivers. The focus is on encapsulating the key factors such as the burgeoning demand from the residential sector, and the implacable growth of the Asia-Pacific region.
Furthermore, the report affirms your decision-making with competitive analysis data, providing a window into strategies leveraged by market leaders. This indispensable guide empowers its readers with knowledge, and knowledge today empowers business leaders to turn market challenges into business opportunities.
- The COVID-19 outbreak negatively impacted the market in 2020. With the COVID-19 pandemic's beginning, construction work stopped worldwide, especially in major construction hubs, like China, India, the United States, and European nations. The market is projected to grow steadily in the forecast period owing to global growth in the construction sector.
- Over the short term, growing construction activities in the Asia-Pacific region, especially in Asian countries, and strengthening demand for water-based products are some of the factors driving the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions remains a constraint for the growth of the market studied.
- Moreover, increasing focus on sustainable materials and upcoming construction projects in the United States will likely provide market growth opportunities.
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the market and is expected to continue dominating it through the forecast period.
Construction Chemicals Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Residential segment
- Elite class is synonymous with luxury, and elite housing refers to luxurious residences. The demand for apartments, penthouses, villas, and bungalows in gated communities with world-class designs and amenities is increasing rapidly, and developers are launching projects to cater to such demands.
- Many residents have been showing huge interest in buying luxury homes globally for comfort, prestige, and privacy. Therefore, this has been increasing the number of elite housing projects worldwide.
- The highest growth rate in this regard was expected to be registered in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to China's and India's expanding housing construction market. Asia-Pacific has the largest low-cost housing construction segment, which China, India, and various Southeast Asian countries lead.
- The growing economic strength and high investments by the high-income category are expected to increase the demand for luxury homes in geographies of the United States, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom, India, and Japan. Thus, it is likely to benefit the construction chemicals market.
- In October 2021, Sao Paulo State Housing Union (Secovi-SP) recorded 5,555 new residential units sold in Sao Paulo. The number is more likely to rise owing to consumer spending on residential housing units. Moreover, the growing trend for single-family housing in Brazil is expected to support the residential construction industry in the upcoming period.
- Therefore, based on the abovementioned factors, the residential segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific construction sector is the largest in the world and is growing at a healthy rate, owing to the rising population, increase in middle-class incomes, and urbanization.
- Increasing infrastructure construction activities and the entry of major players from the European Union into the lucrative market of China have further fueled the industry’s expansion.
- In addition, many renovations have been taking place in China over the past 50 years, many buildings have been built, and they are facing severe damage now, and hence renovation of existing old building projects is very popular in the city and countryside as well as depicting a major marker area for construction chemicals.
- In February 2022, Shining Building Business Co., a building construction company in Taiwan, planned to launch new housing projects worth NTD 30 billion (USD 1.08 billion) in Taiwan and China. The plan included projects valued at NTD 10.8 billion in Taiwan and NTD 19 million in Chengdu, China.
- Moreover, the Indian Government has been actively boosting housing construction, aiming to provide homes to about 1.3 billion people. The country will likely witness around USD 1.3 trillion of investment in housing over the next seven years. It is also expected to see the construction of 60 million new homes in the country.
- New petrochemical facilities development boosted the private sector demand, while industrial and building projects in the Punggol Digital District contributed to the public sector demand in Singapore. The infrastructure sector is also expected to post relatively healthy growth, mainly driven by the efforts to upgrade the country’s road, rail, and other public transport infrastructure and investment in energy and utilities construction projects. The Government had been planning to invest SGD 28 billion (USD 20.9 billion) in the expansion and upgrading of the transport system by 2022.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for construction chemicals in the region during the forecast period.
Construction Chemicals Market Competitor AnalysisThe construction chemicals market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Sika AG, MBCC Group, RPM International Inc., MAPEI SpA, and Dow, among others.
Additional benefits of purchasing the report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents1 INTRODUCTION
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Residential and Commercial Construction Activities in the Asia-Pacific Region
4.1.2 Strengthening Demand for Water-based Products
4.2.1 Regulations for VOC Emissions and Inadequacy of Skilled Labor
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Impact
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION (Revenue in USD Million)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Concrete Admixture
5.1.2 Surface Treatment
5.1.3 Repair and Rehabilitation
5.1.4 Protective Coatings
5.1.5 Industrial Flooring
5.1.7 Adhesive and Sealants
5.1.8 Grout and Anchor
5.1.9 Cement Grinding Aids
5.2 End-user Industry
126.96.36.199 Office Space
188.8.131.52 Education Institutes
184.108.40.206 Other Commercials
220.127.116.11 Iron and Steel
18.104.22.168 Capital Goods
22.214.171.124 Petrochemical (Including Fertilizers)
126.96.36.199 Food and Beverage
188.8.131.52 Other Industrials
5.2.3 Infrastructure and Public Places
184.108.40.206 Roads and Bridges
220.127.116.11 Government Buildings
18.104.22.168 Statues and Monuments
22.214.171.124 Elite Housing
126.96.36.199 Middle-class Housing
188.8.131.52 Low-cost Housing
184.108.40.206 China (Including Taiwan)
220.127.116.11 Australia and New Zealand
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Sri Lanka
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Scandinavian Countries
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products and Services, and Recent Developments)
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.4 MBCC Group (BASF SE)
6.4.5 Bolton Group
6.4.6 Cementaid International Ltd
6.4.7 CHRYSO GROUP
6.4.8 CICO Group
6.4.9 Conmix Ltd
6.4.11 Fosroc Inc.
6.4.12 Franklin International
6.4.13 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
6.4.14 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.16 MAPEI S.p.A
6.4.17 MUHU (China) Construction Materials Co. Ltd
6.4.19 Pidilite Industries Ltd
6.4.20 RPM International Inc.
6.4.21 Selena Group
6.4.22 Sika AG
6.4.23 Thermax Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Upcoming Construction Projects in the United States
7.2 Increasing Focus on Sustainable Materials
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Arkema Group
- MBCC Group (BASF SE)
- Bolton Group
- Cementaid International Ltd
- CHRYSO GROUP
- CICO Group
- Conmix Ltd
- Fosroc Inc.
- Franklin International
- GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- MAPEI S.p.A
- MUHU (China) Construction Materials Co. Ltd
- Pidilite Industries Ltd
- RPM International Inc.
- Selena Group
- Sika AG
- Thermax Limited