Increasing Demand Driving Growth
Since the economic downturn caused by the 2008–2009 crisis, the market recovered adequately, which led to the acceleration of the annual sales of the business jet in 2016. The shipment of business jet increased by 11.2% to 129 units in the first quarter of 2017, compared to 122 in 2016. For the most part, several manufacturers reported flat or declining delivery statistics during the first quarter of 2017.
Due to the increasing income at a global level, business jet, especially in the light and very light catego-ry, have ceased to be the domain of only the ultra-rich. Timeshare and fractional ownership programs have also enabled people to own private jets. Most popular light business jet can be purchased for around USD 4 - 8 million, thus, expanding the customer base. The biggest restraint that affects the business jet sales, especially in the regions of South America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific, is the lack of in-frastructure. Should the infrastructure be available, the expenses are so high that it makes operations, based on business jets service, unfeasible.
Approximately three-fourths of the sale of business jets is centered in the developed regions, mainly North America and Europe. The rest of the regions are highly underpenetrated and could witness mas-sive growth rates under feasible conditions, thus, driving the global business jet market. The strict reg-ulatory framework set by the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) governs policy regulations for private jet ownership and charter companies.
The global business jet market has been segmented on the basis of jet size, operators, and geography.
- By jet size, the market has been segmented into very light jets, light jets, mid-size jets, super mid-size jets, large-cabin jets and heavy jets.
- By operators, the market has been segmented into charter companies, fractional ownerships, corporate usage and private ownership.
- By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- February 2018: Sales of business jetliner Falcon have stopped dwindling as orders rose to 41 from 33 in 2017 and it expects sales revenue to be higher than USD 4 billion in 2016.
- February 2018: Bombardier announced that they witnessed a decline in the sales of their business jets owing to fall in the demand of business jets from the customer but are confident in terms of market re-covery.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Provides Latest Insights into the aircraft health monitoring systems market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis on the region expected to witness fastest growth in the market
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
3.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rise in number of millionaires around the world
4.1.2 Strong demand forecast in India & China
4.2.1 Tough regulatory framweork in the emerging markets
4.3.1 Increasing popularity of Fractional Ownership programs
5. Business Jet Market, Segmented by Aircraft Type
5.1 Light Jets
5.2 Mid-size Jets
5.3 Large Jets
6. Business Jet Market, Segmented by Range
6.1 < 3000 nm
6.2 3000-5000 nm
6.3 > 5000 nm
7. Business Jet Market, Segmented by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.3.4 South Korea
7.4 South America
7.5 Africa & Middle-East
7.5.1 Saudi Arabia
7.5.3 South Africa
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.4 Textron Aviation
9.6 Honda Aircraft Company
9.7 Dassault Aviation
10. Future Outlook of the Market