The global automotive electric power steering systems market has been segmented on the basis of component type, vehicle type, type, and geography.
- On the basis of component type, the market has been segmented into steering wheel/column, sensors, steering motor, and others.
- On the basis of vehicle type, the market has been segmented into passenger cars, LCV, heavy vehicles, and others.
- On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into electrically-powered hydraulic steering, electro-hydraulic power steering, EPS, and others.
- On the basis of geography, the marker has been segmented into North America (US, Canada, others), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Russia, others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, others), South America (Brazil, Argentina, others) and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, others).
- September, 2017 - GKN PLC has come up with SPIDAN power steering system, that features intelligent energy management that help in the reduction of fuel consumption and CO2 emission and preserves natural resources, through the use of remanufactured replacement components.
- May, 2017 - The New Corvette Stingray and Bugatti Veyron have started using the advance Electric Power Assisted Steering system (EPAS), employing a simple motor to push the steering rack as the steering wheel turns, instead of hydraulic pistons and pumps.
- September, 2017 - German auto parts maker, ZF Lenksysteme, stated that its electric power steering system uses 90% lesser energy than the hydraulic power steering.
- May 2017 - Automotive vehicle production has been growing rapidly with a substantial increase in global population and vehicle-owning households. The market for electric power steering (EPS) systems has surpassed the conventional hydraulic steering, in less than 20 years.
- The simpler construction compared to hydraulic systems, with benefits such as lesser weight, low maintenance, better response at different speeds, highly durability, and lesser fuel consumption, are driving the adoption of EPS over hydraulic systems, in turn, driving the market for electric power steering systems.
- Unstable fuel prices and safety features such as electronic stability control and ABS integrated with electronic steering systems are some other factors that are increasing the demand.
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Current and future global automotive electric power steering systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Findings of the Study
5. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Trends
5.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
5.3.2 Threat of Substitute Products/Services
5.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Dynamics
6.1.1 Need for Reduction in Fuel Consumption
6.2.1 Failure of Electric Power Steering Assist Systems
6.3.1 Strategic Collaborations with Major Automotive Companies.
7. Global Automotive Electric Power Steering Systems Market Segmentation, By Component Type
7.1 Steering Wheel/Column
7.3 Steering Motor
8. Global Automotive Electric Power Steering Systems Market Segmentation, By Vehicle Type
8.1 Passenger Cars
8.3 Heavy Vehicles
9. Global Automotive Electric Power Steering Systems Market Segmentation, By Technology Type
9.1 Electrically-Powered Hydraulic Steering (EPHS)
9.2 Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)
9.3 Electric Power Steering (EPS)
10. Global Automotive Electric Power Steering Systems Market Segmentation, By Geography
10.1 North America
10.1.2 United States
10.2.3 United Kingdom
10.3.6 South Korea
10.4 Middle East & Africa
10.4.3 Saudi Arabia
10.4.4 South Africa
10.5 South America
11. Competitive Landscape
11.2 Market Share Analysis
12. Company Profiles
12.1 ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc.
12.2 Delphi Automotive Systems
12.3 GKN PLC
12.4 Hafei Industrial Group Automobile Redirector Obligate Co. Ltd
12.5 Hitachi Automotive Systems
12.6 Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
12.7 Infineon Technologies
12.8 JTEKT Corporation
12.9 Mando Corporation
12.10 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
12.11 Nexteer Automotive
12.12 NSK Ltd
12.13 Robert Bosch GmbH
12.14 Thyssenkrupp Presta AG
12.15 TRW Automotive
12.16 ZF Friedrichshafen AG
13 Future of the Market
- Delphi Automotive
- Hitachi Automotive Systems
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies
- Jtekt Corporation
- Robert Bosch Gmbh
- Trw Automotive
- Nexteer Automotive
- Nsk Global
- Jtekt Corporation
- Showa Corporation
- Thyssenkrupp Presta Ag
- Mando Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis
- Zhuzhou Elite Electro Mechanical Co. Ltd