The North American semi-trailer market, the 2nd largest in the world, was badly affected by the global economic crisis. The fall in the manufacturing sector particularly affected the semi-trailer market of Detroit. The market in US has picked up considerably well. Mexico, on account of increased exports and expanded domestic market, has seen the fastest rate of growth. The majority of the transportation in the energy, construction, automotive, and manufacturing sector happens through road and semi-trailers, due to their flexibility and versatility. Semi-trailers are more popular than full trailers.
On account of increase in manufacturing activity and a rise in demand for products from US, Mexico will register strong growth. Asia-Pacific is the largest market for semi-trailers and is expected to grow at the fastest pace going into 2023. Many of the heavy commercial vehicles in India are outdated and due for replacement. Strict emission norms will result in replacement demand, driving the growth in the semi-trailer market. Slow manufacturing growth in India will be a big restraint as it is the largest, single market for semi-trailers outside US. Iran is forecasted to be one of the most promising markets for semi-trailers, as the lifting of sanctions allows international players to enter the market that has been starved of quality products.
February 2018: Telsa's Semi-Trailer may have better features than previously expected
Major Players: DAIMLER AG, HYUNDAI TRANSLEAD, PACCAR, VOLVO, amongst other
Reasons to Purchase the Report:
- Study of the current and future market in the developed and emerging regions.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Findings of the Study
5. Market Overview and Technology Trends
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Technology Trends
5.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
5.3.2 Threat of Substitute Products/Services
5.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. Market Dynamics
6.1.1 Increase in Manufacturing Activity in North America
6.2.1 Slow Manufacturing Growth in India
6.3.1 Sanctions Lifted in Iran Could Make it a Promising Market for Semi-trailers
7. Global Semi-trailer Market, by Vehicle Type
7.1 Low Boy
7.4 Dry Van
8. Global Semi-trailer Market, by Tonnage
8.1 Up To 50 metric ton
8.2 50-100 metric ton
8.3 100+ metric ton
9. Global Semi-trailer Market, by Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.2 United States
9.2.3 United Kingdom
8.3.6 South Korea
9.4 Middle East & Africa
9.4.3 Saudi Arabia
9.4.4 South Africa
9.5 South America
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Key Players and Developments
11. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, and Strategies)
11.1 China International Marine Containers
11.2 Daimler AG
11.3 Hyundai Translead
11.4 Kogel Trailer GmbH
11.7 Scmitz Cargobull AG
11.8 Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company
11.10 Wabash National Corporation
12. Future of the Market