Limits for emissions and fuel economy standards are increasingly becoming stringent. Consequently, the automotive sector’s need for environmental-friendly, efficient, safe, convenient, and performance-centric products is becoming steeper. However, the demand for EVs is growing at a fast pace across the world, and is expected to pose a challenge to the growth of automotive intercoolers. Countries are striving to suffice the rising fuel demand by focusing on eco-friendly transportation. EVs reduce the dependence of consumers on gasoline/diesel-based automobiles and thereby, the need for turbochargers/superchargers decreases. This, in turn, affects the demand for intercoolers.
The growth of the intercoolers market is directly related to the automotive turbocharger market. The growth of the market is driven from the increasing usage and development of the downsized engines. Stringency in fuel economy standards, such as enactment of CAFÉ standard to reach the fuel economy target of 35.5 mpg by 2016, has been one of the direct drivers of intercoolers in the region. Growing demand for high-performance turbochargers (used primarily in racing vehicles) is expected to drive the demand for intercoolers, as well.
North America has been home to many racing events and racing teams, who are involved in making customized systems to be integrated in the vehicle. These systems comprehensively involve the usage of a turbocharging and supercharging system and have intercoolers tailored to meet the needs suited. However, the demand for EVs is growing at a fast pace across the region, coupled by increased provisioning of subsidies by the government. The growth of EV is expected to pose a challenge in the growth of automotive intercooler market. US has been striving to suffice the rising fuel demand by focusing on eco-friendly transportation over the last few years.
Key Developments in the Market:
- March 2018: Bugatti Unveils Bugatti Chiron Sport. This car has used lightweight wheels, a greater percentage of carbon fiber for the intercooler cover, windscreen wipers made of carbon fiber, lighter glass in the rear window and a lighter exhaust deflector
- November 2017: The new model of Ford Mk2 Focus RS has bigger intercooler, freer-breathing intake and exhaust systems, and the obligatory remapping of fuelling and ignition completed the package
Reasons to purchase this report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis on the product type that is expected to dominate the market
- Detailed analysis on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Environmental advantages
5.1.2 Government Regulation
5.2.1 Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
5.2.2 Shifting Focus towards Engine Downsizing
5.3.1 New Technological Advancements
6. North America Automotive Intercooler Market, by Type
6.1 Air to Air Intercooler Market
6.2 Water to Air Intercooler Market
7. North America Automotive Intercooler Market, by Vehicle
7.1 Passenger Cars
7.2 Sports Cars
7.4 Buses and Heavy Trucks
8. North America Automotive Intercooler Market, by Engine Type
8.1 Supercharged Gasoline
8.2 Turbocharged Diesel
8.3 Conventional Diesel
9. North America Automotive Intercooler Market, by Country
9.1 United States
9.3 Rest of the North America
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Share Analysis
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Bell Intercoolers
11.2 Bespoke Motorsport Radiators Ltd
11.3 CSF Radiators
11.4 Cummins Inc.
11.5 Honeywell International Inc
11.6 Spectra Premium
11.7 Kale Oto Radyator
11.8 KVR International
11.9 Mido Industry Co.
11.10 Modine Manufacturing
11.11 Pro Alloy Motorsport
11.13 Treadstone Performance Engineering Inc.
12. Future Outlook of the market
- Bell Intercoolers
- Bespoke Motorsport Radiators Ltd
- CSF Radiators
- Cummins Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Spectra Premium
- Kale Oto Radyator
- KVR International
- Mido Industry Co.
- Modine Manufacturing
- Pro Alloy Motorsport
- Treadstone Performance Engineering Inc.