The growth is driven by internal and external security threats, territorial disputes, and modernization initiatives undertaken by armed forces across the world. Opportunities are abundant for manufacturers in the market, as the global defense industry is investing significantly in R&D to enhance the speed, accuracy, destructive powers, and stealth capabilities of ballistic missiles. However, the growth of the global ballistic missile market could be affected by the declining defense budget by developed nations and stringent technology-sharing rules. North America is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period, followed by Asia-Pacific.
One of the key factors driving the North American ballistic missile market is the continuous demand from the US military, owing to engagement in various global conflicts. China is investing heavily in ballistic missile-related technologies to deter incursions into the Chinese territory, by both aircraft and potential long-range strike weapons. Ballistic missile developments in North Korea also act as a key missile procurement driver for Japan and South Korea. India has undertaken a Ballistic Missile Defence Programme to develop and deploy a multi-layered ballistic missile defense system to protect from rising ballistic missile threats from China and Pakistan. Europe’s share of the global market is expected to decrease, owing to the economic crisis, Brexit and resulting budget cuts in many European Nations.
- The global ballistic missile market is segmented by type into short range, medium range, intermediate range, and intercontinental, by launch mode, into surface-to-surface, surface-to-air, air-to-surface, air-to-air, subsea-to-surface, and by region into North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
- October 2017: Chemring Defense has entered into a strategic alliance with the US Ministry of Defense to develop a multi-effect rocket system that can fire missiles without emitting smoke. The system is expected to help avoid the detection of the missile’s origin.
- Rafael Defence systems opens missile joint venture in India.
Key Industry Players: Key vendors operating in the market are THALES GROUP, RAFAEL ADVANCED DEFENSE SYSTEM LTD, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION'S, BAE SYSTEMS, GENERAL DYNAMICS, NORTHROP GRUMMAN amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Repor:t
- To study the current and future market in the developed and emerging regions.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Technology Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.2 Threat of Substitute Products/Services
3.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increased Global Military Spending in Emerging Economies
4.2.1 Declining Defense Budget Among Developed Nations
4.3.1 Ballistic Missile Defense Programme Adopted by India
5. Ballistic Missile Market, Segmented by Launch Mode
6. Ballistic Missile Market, by Geography
6.1 North America
6.3.5 South Korea
6.4 Middle East & Africa
6.4.2 Saudi Arabia
6.4.3 South Africa
6.5 South America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.2 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 BAE Systems
8.2 General Dynamic
8.3 Lockheed Martin Corporation
8.4 Northrop Grumann
8.5 Thales Group
8.6 Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
8.7 Raytheon Company
8.8 Rockwell Collins
8.9 MBDA Inc.
8.11 Rheinmetall Defence
8.12 Israel Aerospace Industries
9. Future of the Market
- BAE Systems
- General Dynamic
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumann
- Thales Group
- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
- Raytheon Company
- Rockwell Collins
- MBDA Inc.
- Rheinmetall Defence
- Israel Aerospace Industries