One of the latest trends in the market is the introduction of flexible vent technology, which ensures that the inflation of airbags is not reliable on the sensors. A smart air pressure control mechanism regulates inflation by controlling the airflow through the vent. The advancement in technology is expected to promote the growth of the global automotive airbag inflators market over the forecast period.
In 2016, Europe is the largest market for airbag inflators due to various government initiatives toward passenger safety such as, the introduction of crash tests for frontal and side impact protection, sub-system tests for pedestrian protection, and anti-lock braking requirements. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the market over the forecast period, because of countries, like India and China, where vehicle production is the highest in the world. With China’s CNAP (China’s New Car Assessment Program) initiatives, the Chinese government has mandated the use of seat belts and frontal airbags, which is expected to increase the demand for airbag inflators in the region.
The rising penetration of automotive OEMs in developing regions is expected to increase the competition among regional players, where product differentiation is a key strategy for OEMs to uphold their market share. With the increasing demand for better quality products, the market competition is expected to increase over the forecast period. The supply chain of this market comprises raw material manufacturers, inflator manufacturers, distributors, and OEMs.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: - General Motors has asked the US government for permission to avoid recalls of potentially deadly Takata air bag inflators.
- February 2018: - A group of 13 automakers will contribute as much as USD 130 million to compensate those injured by faulty Takata Corp air bag inflators as part of a deal to resolve the Japanese company's bankruptcy, a US plaintiffs' attorney.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Study on the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles in the country and its effects on the automotive industry of the country.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the type of vehicle expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Study on the region expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Auto Safety Regulations
5.1.2 Increasing Road Accidents and Awareness
5.2.1 High Cost & High Replacement Cost
5.3.1 Pedestrian Airbags
6. Global Automotive Airbag Inflator Market Segmentation, by Airbag Type
6.1 Driver Airbag
6.2 Passenger Airbag
6.3 Curtain Airbag
6.4 Knee Airbag
6.5 Pedestrian Protection Airbag
6.6 Side Airbag
7. Global Automotive Airbag Inflator Market Segmentation, by Inflator Type
7.2 Stored Gas
8. Global Automotive Airbag Inflator Market Segmentation, by Vehicle Type
8.1 Passenger Car
8.2 Commercial Vehicle
9. Global Automotive Airbag Inflator Market Segmentation, By Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.1.3 Rest of North America
9.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3.1 United Kingdom
9.3.5 Rest of Europe
9.4 Rest of the World
9.4.2 South Africa
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Share Analysis
11. Company Profiles
11.1 Autoliv Inc.
11.2 Aptiv PLC
11.3 Takata Corporation
11.4 ZF TRW
11.5 Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corporation
11.6 HUAYU Automotive Systems
11.7 Toyoda Gosei
11.8 Key Safety Systems
12. Future Outlook